Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Video Question

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi,

I am thinking of buyint VDJ v 3.4.
A quick question before I do.
How do you hook up the video to a TV/Screen to show what you are playing and not the video you have qued up(ie. whats displayed on your screen)? Is there extra software/hardware I would also need? I have an S-Video and a normal monitor connector on the back of my laptop.

Thanks

geposted Tue 25 Apr 06 @ 5:18 pm
d rocksPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Tell us a little about you system. I will assume you are running windows xp. You will need to be sure that windows "sees" the tv conected to the video card. Make sure it is on and the input source for the tv is set for this s-video input. next boot up your pc and right click on the desktop. Choose properties and then the settings tab. You should see to black boxes. These represent your monitor/tv. Start up vdj and you can drag the video window over to the tv and go full screen or resize the window. It took a while for me to get it to work. Now I have multi video cards and have karaoke going on the tv and run visualtions or the video on the projection screen behind the singers. This software has a lot of potenial.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

geposted Tue 25 Apr 06 @ 5:32 pm
d rocks pretty much explained it all. As long as you have the appropriate graphics drivers installed and you have no hardware issues you can send the video signal through your s-video output very easily.

Make sure to connect your s-video connection and enable it in your drivers control interface, Virtual DJ will then be able to make use of it and if you wish, only display video through s-video (fullscreen is always best for performance) while you personally will see the Virtual DJ (and video) interface on your monitor.

If you want to test this out on your TV at home and don't have s-video, you can get an s-video to composite adapter very cheap from ebay.

geposted Tue 25 Apr 06 @ 5:43 pm
Thanks for the advice guys.

I have a fujitsu Seimans Laptop. It has a 3.2GHz P4 processor, 1GB memeory, Radion 9200 Graphics Card with the above driver. I will download the trial version and give it a go. I'll le you know how I get on. I'll be looking forward to using the software if it works.

Thanks once again

geposted Wed 26 Apr 06 @ 3:13 pm
You need the TV to be connected to the computer, BEFORE you boot up. This way the machine sees it.

geposted Wed 26 Apr 06 @ 7:24 pm
I don't think the external tv is working in de Demo
Ewout

geposted Wed 26 Apr 06 @ 9:39 pm
d rocksPRO InfinityMember since 2006
It was working in the demo. At least when I tried it out. And I put it to the test while demoing it. I know that it did work at the time. I don't think the programmers would change anything, but stranger things have hapeened :)

geposted Wed 26 Apr 06 @ 10:10 pm

geposted Wed 26 Apr 06 @ 10:14 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)