Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Timecode problems with Hercules MK2

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

tomeeyeHome userMember since 2006
Hi!

Yesterday we tried to work with timecode disc using virtual dj and Hercules Dj console Mk2. I downloaded the mp3 file from virtualdj.com, and burned to a cd into audio cd format. An interesting thing occured. With my desktop computer, the software had 100% timecode signal, but when I used the Hercules with my laptop, with all the same version of dirvers and virtual dj software, it couldn\'t get any signal from the same timecoded cd. It had 0% signal, but actually it worked, but I couldn\'t change the position of the song by moving the position of the timecode, just like you mentioned on your website.
I just don\'t understand why is this happenning, if everything is the same in the computers? Could this be because of the windows or the main soundcard (dirver) of the 2 computers?
My other question is in connection with this, that even if virtual dj has 100% signal, sometimes it goes under 100, for example 80%, 75% just for a sec, and in the meantime the song skips or slows down a bit. Why is this? Maybe because I used rewriteable cd for the timecode disc? I don\'t know.
Right now I will order the timecoded vinyls from your store, and I will try with that. Should I exept also these problems with that, or is it more stable?
I\'m going to perform in a club with Hercules and I would like to use it with timecoded vinyls, and it\'s very important to have this problem fixed.

Thank you for your help!

Tom

geposted Tue 02 May 06 @ 10:18 pm
reason it works on desktop and not on laptop, is most likely that the volume in for the desktop is ok, while at latop is too loud...

Try lower the volume of the line-in at the soundcard pannel.
Or if that is not possible, burn another timecode cd, with about 10db lower volume (use a wave prog such as CoolEdit/Audition).

It might be a tiny bit to loud at your desktop too, since you are loosing the 100% at times..

geposted Tue 02 May 06 @ 11:44 pm
tomeeyeHome userMember since 2006
Thank's a lot! I will try to decrease the volume! I didn't know that this could be the problem.
Since I use Hercules MK2, I think I can't lower the volume of the line in. I have a soundcard in my laptop as well, but when I connect my MK2, it doesn't have an effect at all, as far as I know.

But I can edit the timecode mp3, and lower the volume on it, and burn it again.
But will I have this problem with the vinyls too? I hope not! Because I can't lower the volume on them!
Well, I will see!

Thank you once more!

geposted Wed 03 May 06 @ 10:14 am
vinyls have far lower volume;)

geposted Wed 03 May 06 @ 11:04 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)