Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Database issues

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hello All,

I'm hoping somehow there is a way to fix the following problem. Can mp3 files be imorted into the database using tag information exclusively? I have several hundred directories with the files divided into tracks. The format of the file names in these directories is Tracknr - Artist - Title.mp3
They are named this way to maintain the correct order of the original CD pool colections. My problem is that when these files are imported into the local database it displays them as 01-Madonna under artist and the correct title under the title. Consequently when you try and do an artist search or sort by artist you get a mish mash of track numbers instead of the artist name alphabetically. I've tried the import with both mp3tag file read on and off in the FAME settings with the same result either way. I also tried to create the database with the VDJ database updater program and achieved the exact same results. With the database updater I have an additional problem with it incorrectly importing the BPM value from the tag into the database. All of my mp3 files have been run throughMixMiester's BPM analyzer and have BPM info in the tag. I was all ready to finally switch over fully to VDJ from BPM until I encountered these problems. In my mind the database is just not useable with the results I have gotten. There is no way I am renaming thousands of files and destroying the integrity of the collection in order to work around this issue. (I have read in searches that other people suggested to only use file name import and not use track numbers to get the desired artist and title imported correctly) This is not feasable. Does anyone have a way to fix this? Until I can create a useable DB I can't take advatage of VDJ.
Additionally, I know it may be a personal preference but no other DJ software out there matches BPM in the database dept IMO. Perhaps VDJ dev team could implement a better database for V4 taking some cues from BPM. BPM also does not need to analyze files upon importing to the database to create the length display and BPM values. It can get these values from the tag and file itself immediately. VDJ requires a lengthy analyze of each file to gain the length and bpm values. I realize your analysis of the file also checks values for the beat match. I'm pretty sure this could be done on track load instead of this lengthy procedure.

Thanks

geposted Thu 04 May 06 @ 10:13 am
Anyone?

geposted Thu 04 May 06 @ 11:57 pm
It's always fun when you discover the answer to your questions yourself. I played around for another hour or 2 and figured this out. The analysis of the files is saved in the XML file. After performing the analysis of the files I erased what had been ported into the database text file and then went back into VDJ. I then went to the directories directly in the directory tree and added them to the search databse. With the tag read set to title in general settings it seems that for some odd reason it then adds the files correctly into the database without the track numbers. Where as when it scanne the HD and added to the database it misrepresented the titles and added track numbers onto them. I mis-wrote above that the track numbers were added to the author field in the database (It was 430am I was tired!). The track numbers were actually added to the beginning of the titles. I would still love to se better tag support in V4 or sooner.

Cheers.

geposted Fri 05 May 06 @ 12:41 am
I managed (with help from someone on here) to be able to import title and artist into the database (save as artist-title in Media Player). You will still need to analyse the tracks for BPM and length - that's quite lengthy - but best to so it overnight or whilst watching telly, if you're paying the leccy bill!

geposted Sun 07 May 06 @ 2:39 pm
DJ ELPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I hope I understand your issue. I use Quintessential player (free) to organize my MP3 files. I select for the files to be shown as artist-song title. You can have other information, such as year, album, etc, but those don't need to show. "Artist-song title" is what shows as the file name in windows explorer. When I open VDJ, I also see "artist" in the artist column and "song title" under song column. This method works for me.

geposted Tue 30 May 06 @ 3:49 am
I have looked through many of the postings and I have found a solution for my issues yet... Any support or assistance would be greatly appreciated....

I am a Virtual DJ v3 Pro user and I have my files named as follows...

%Track% - %Artist% - %Title%.mp3 e.g. 01 - Billy Joel - Piano Man.mp3

I have one problem that was posted already that the 'Title' comes up as "01 - Piano Man", but I didn't really understand the way to fix this (if one was given) without renaming all my files. P.S. It does read the title correctly in the player window, but not in the database listing.

Secondly, and more importantly, any song that is after track # 19 comes up as ...

Author = 20
Title = Billy Joel - Piano Man

I tried fixing this with the 'Rename' command to fix the Autor and Title, but it doesn't work. Please help.

Rich

geposted Tue 06 Jun 06 @ 4:34 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)