Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Help wanted very bad from Maya44USB users - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

djtaz_PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi guys and girls

I have bought a new laptop... specs are listed below:

Hardware:

Intel® Core™ Duo Processor T2300
1,66 GHz , Level 2 cache 2 MB, 667 MHz bushastighed
1024 MB DDR2 533 MHz (tomorrow it will be upgraded to 2 GB)
200 GB (2 x 100 GB) EIDE-harddrives, SATA
250 GB USB2 external harddrive

Software:

WinXP Pro
Virtual DJ Pro 3.4
TCVs
MAYA 44 USB (driver version 2.5.5)

My problem is the following:
I have installed a clean WinXP Professional on the laptop, drivers for all is installed, sound card is working, virtual dj is working and also the tcvs are working.... BUT

In the Maya44USB control panel, where you can assign System performance, i have used normal because everytime i choose a better setting that normal the sound crackles every now eventhough my tcv signal are 100%.

asio setup is good enough cause i have used the best recommandations from the forums :-)

I have searched the forums and found different issues of grounding and settings in WinXP, but none of that helps.. It confuses me since i have no problem if i use my stationary machine with less good specs than my new laptop.

Please help, cause i can barely live using that low latency when using TCVs.

DJ TaZ

geposted Tue 30 May 06 @ 9:11 pm
DwightPRO InfinityMember since 2005
On the Maya control panel...is all the monitors on mute? input set about 15-20%? Master output set at max?

Check your cpu usage also.

geposted Wed 31 May 06 @ 1:35 am
Check that your power settings are set to 'Home/Office Desk' or 'Always on' rather than 'Portable/Laptop', otherwise power management might reduce performance (Even when plugged into the mains.) This setting makes a big difference on my laptop.

geposted Wed 31 May 06 @ 2:08 am
Also fool around with the waight on your turntable arms, add a little bit and check again, or remove some waight, and check again. Also make shure your needles are good, and also clean.

geposted Wed 31 May 06 @ 7:17 am
Hi guys

I have both tried to put the 15-20 % on inputs and outputs. My CPU util is max 50 % when loading a song, while playing a song its arround 7-11% used.

The needles are good as i wrote it works perfect on my stationary computer.

I have also tried to use a powered USB hub to verify it wasn't a power issue since my settings was set to always on and enhanced the settings.

I also updated chipset, usb and SMbus drivers so everything is fully update.

DJ TaZ

geposted Wed 31 May 06 @ 9:56 am
Did you tried the solution djboggis suggested?
I would just add: Go in windows control panel to power options. Select the Intel speedstep tab. Set the value for plugged in to "Maximum performance". Otherwise the chipset will switch between different speed modes, which could cause skips an plops.
Ewout

geposted Wed 31 May 06 @ 11:44 pm
Well i have set it to max in my power scheme, but i do not have an Intel speed tab though...

DJ TaZ

geposted Thu 01 Jun 06 @ 9:55 am
I have searched to web today and people also mentioned if you where running an APCI installation of your system, that could conflict with sound.. But still nothing helped eventhough i did a fresh installation of WinXP pro running standard PC mode..

Guys please help me, can it really be true that this laptop doesn't work with ASIO or at least Maya44USB sound cards.. :-(

DJ TaZ

geposted Thu 01 Jun 06 @ 3:00 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
my laptop also doens't work with maya 44. it lost TC signal every 4 seconds at booth channels with no reason. I think there is uncompatible hardware in your laptop. I didn't find the reason why is this happening to me. My maya 44 works well on desktop computer.
You can search the forum to find my post about it.

I am afraid you will never be able to use maya 44 with your laptop. But this is just a tought. Maybe you will find the solution. I didn't yet :)

geposted Thu 01 Jun 06 @ 10:57 pm
A few things for you to try.

Turn off your wireless newtwork card. I get a hickup every now and then if it's on.

Disable your internal sound card.

Play a song through Windows Media, iTunes, etc. Does it play all the way through without any hickups?

geposted Fri 02 Jun 06 @ 2:06 am
Where are songs located at? External drive? Have you tried loading a song directly on the laptop?

geposted Fri 02 Jun 06 @ 2:11 am
it doesn't matter where the song is. Song in VDJ is loaded in RAM. You can try to optimizing the system (also disable useless devices as Dwight said). Check my blog for tutorial. maybe it will help, but i don't think so. Anyway, did you get any reply from Audiotrak?

geposted Fri 02 Jun 06 @ 7:13 am
Hi again

Well as default i have both bluetooth and Wireless disables in BIOS and i do not have installed any network devices of any kind. And internal soundcard is disabled in windows.

I have both tried on external and internal drives.

When i play sound normally there is no problem so i thought it could be the drivers for the soundcard since i have read other forums where users of Centrino Duo/ Core Duo also have problems with ASIO drivers.

Therefore i have written to Audiotrak to check if i'm right on this and or if they are going to make a new driver suited for these new technologies. So i'm currently awaiting reply on that mail. It might also help in the new engine of VDJ (i hope it will soon be released).

I have done all to enhance my system using your guide XEON plus many other good tips from the web to correct issues but still nothing.

So any good advice is still wanted... :-)
but thx for the support so far guys.. !

DJ TaZ

geposted Fri 02 Jun 06 @ 10:39 am
Don't forget me, i really still need help on this matter

DJ TaZ

geposted Tue 06 Jun 06 @ 10:44 am
I am having similar problems TaZ. I just got a new laptop (core duo 1.83, 1.5gb DDR2, Maya USB v2.5.5 with Windows XP Pro) basically the same specs as you. I am hearing crackling and few pops when I am playing music. My old Compaq X1000 setup was working great, so its odd that a better setup isn't working well.

I am going to play around with my setup a little more and let you know if I can figure anything out.

geposted Tue 06 Jun 06 @ 11:47 pm
Cool ViperVin

I have written to USB-Audio.com who makes those profesional asio drivers that audiotrak ships with maya, i'm sure its a driver/chipset issue (well almost sure)...

But lets keep each other posted in here if we find new stuff that helps :-)

DJ TaZ

geposted Wed 07 Jun 06 @ 8:32 am
I have talked to a developer from USB-Audio who makes the drivers used for MAYA44 USB, and he told me i was the first to report this problem... :-)

So i have sent him some links to forum here and other forums where the problems shows and same thing occours Intel CoreDuo/CentrinoDuo hardware.

They will look at it and test it as much as they can, and i have offered them to test new drivers if that will be the outcome of this problem..

Lets pray to god and keep our fingers crossed :-)

DJ TaZ

geposted Wed 07 Jun 06 @ 10:49 am
nice :D i hope they will give some answers.

geposted Wed 07 Jun 06 @ 2:29 pm
I do not know if its an issue with VDJ or the ASIO drivers, but I was able to get rid of the crackling/popping by litteraly turning off everything that was running in the background. Most of the native Windows apps were left running, but things like wireless and antivirus were shut down. This seemed to have made the difference.

But I find that pretty wack that having a 1.83ghz core duo with 1.5gb of RAM, and after a clean reformat, VDJ was still having trouble. Hopefully a new set of drivers or v4 will help with this.

Let me know if you have any updates.

geposted Wed 07 Jun 06 @ 7:46 pm

geposted Wed 07 Jun 06 @ 7:52 pm
69%