Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Support for BCD 2000 ? - Page: 2

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Ok i'm going to be the one to close this thread but not before I say this

while full midi support is nice I belive its going the way of the dinosaur. Its old outdated and we already have something better, why more software providers arn't using it is beyond me. Its called HID (human interface device) this is the "midi" of the future. Hid devices are faster and easier to program for they support handshaking which will make hardware vendors happy.

Be looking for more hid devices to hit the market soon the Icdx is a great example of this.

Ok I'll leave it open a little while longer, no offical word if Atomix is going to support the plastic wonder by behringer yet.

Rick don't waste you time on him.

geposted Tue 06 Jun 06 @ 4:51 am
The microphone and headphones are turned on and off and the Mic and headphone volume is controlled by a midi function. Virtual Dj doesn't have a problem controlling the master volume. It's funny talking about a new controller function when Newmark products are midi compliant. They haven't even hit the market yet and your talking change.

geposted Tue 06 Jun 06 @ 5:17 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
You don't have a clue what you are talking about

icdex is not a midi device

no where on here does it say midi

http://www.numark.com/products/product_view.php?v=overview&n=168

only the nuvj has midi an that is the ONLY controller offered by numark that does in addition the nuvj makes the bcd look like a child's toy. Now if you were vdj which would you support?

geposted Tue 06 Jun 06 @ 6:14 am
Then that pretty much explains it your not going to support the BCD2000. Well thats all we wanted to know. You could have saved everyone alot of time and said so. You just spelled it out to all of us.

geposted Tue 06 Jun 06 @ 6:52 am
Cyder; MIDI is the world standard for connecting music instruments and controllers. It is and will be so for quite a while to come. While I agree HID is nice and has some serious advantages over MIDI it is also a relative new and more expensive interface to implement which is why many manufacturers will stick wit the cheap MIDI interface for now..

All this is no excuse for the half done MIDI implementation in VDJ though, not even being able to distinguish between different MIDI events is IMO not very bright.

I would think the changes needed to make the VDJ MIDI implementation more compliant with the standard would not be too hard to do, we have already heard there are other reasons why the BCD support is not here yet. And the 'usual' slamming of this much in demand item as inferior to whatever Numark is going to come up with is old.. The BCD2000 is here, it works and works well. It's also selling and would draw in quiet a few new VDJ users if the program would have support for it.

geposted Tue 06 Jun 06 @ 10:38 am
Wait for Corporate Staff to make a statement on this...
Dev Team is VERY busy with VDJ4, so the full midi and/or BCD2000 support question is a bit down the list, but being considerated...

DJ Cyder wrote :
Ok I'll leave it open a little while longer, no offical word if Atomix is going to support the plastic wonder by behringer yet.

geposted Tue 06 Jun 06 @ 10:49 am
You all must admit its funny, 35 posts down the line and we end up with the same answer as the one we started with a few months ago?!
VDJ4 is in progress but whenever BCD is gong to be supported is being considerated?
I’m sure that by now at least the plans for development of the new version are known so will the BCD be supported in these plans yes or No ??

geposted Tue 06 Jun 06 @ 12:21 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)