Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: RIPPing songs

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Just downloaded the trial version yesterday. Really like all the features so far. (I've been using Winamp.) Does Virtual DJ RIPP songs to MP3 or do I have to get another program for that? Thanks!

Sorry if this is an old topic, but I could not find it.

Oh, if I need another program, do you suggest any. I will also need to go back and rename some MP3's that are not lbeled correctly.

geposted Wed 21 Jun 06 @ 11:44 pm
Virtual DJ will rip files from an external source to either wav or mp3, you can specify this. If you are ripping CDs use the free program Exact Audio Copy - the audiophiles at hydrogen audio cannot give this program enough praise.

I think the free program foobar has a plugin which can mass rename/retag your mp3s using online databases but I use a paid program for this, Tag&Rename.

geposted Wed 21 Jun 06 @ 11:46 pm
Thanks Andrew. I will be ripping from CD's.

Anyone else have a favorite RIPPing program?

geposted Wed 21 Jun 06 @ 11:58 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
CDEX

geposted Thu 22 Jun 06 @ 12:08 am
xeon wrote :
CDEX

Maybe this will make you switch ;-)

This test is very old though, very old indeed! Things could have changed a lot since then.

geposted Thu 22 Jun 06 @ 12:12 am
interesting.. i used to make mp3s but never had problems. But all my original CDs are ripped to ogg ;)

geposted Thu 22 Jun 06 @ 12:32 am
That test was only really aimed at people who wish to get a perfect rip from their CD, so I guess it wouldn't matter too much for people who convert to mp3 and other lossy formats. Those CDs were also quite severely damaged so in everyday use it would not matter which you use CDEX or EAC.

jimbo1956, if you have a small collection of music on your computer at the moment and lots of harddrive space it may be worthwhile ripping your music to flac rather than mp3. Flac is a lossless format and gives the exact quality of the original wavs from the cd, flac is often half the size of the original wav. Technology always changes and although mp3 has been dominant for a long time, people are trying to change it. For years a minority have been using ogg over mp3 and some people now use aac (although it isn't actually that good). At least with flac you will never have to rip your collection again to a new format because it is lossless. If you cannot afford the space which flac needs, ogg is still a better option than mp3.

geposted Thu 22 Jun 06 @ 12:44 am
Thanks Andrew87,

I have about 4000 songs in mp3. Space could be an issue as my collection grows. I'm not an audiophile so perfect is not an issue. I want it to sound good, but mp3 seems fine to me. Never heard of ogg. I'm more interested in fast and easy. Thanks!

geposted Thu 22 Jun 06 @ 1:43 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
why not keep it simple and rip with windows media player...you can always configure it to rip to mp3 instead of wma. you can always specify how you want the file name

geposted Thu 22 Jun 06 @ 1:58 am
Thanks phillydj,

I guess I was just hoping VDJ would be a one stop solution and take care of ripping as well as it does mixing. I'm will be using the program in a skating rink and also for mobile dj. I considered PCDJ too, but Virtual DJ seems more intuitive and I like the ease of looping and effects, although I won't use them that often.

geposted Thu 22 Jun 06 @ 2:04 am
You guys have been very helpful. Should I have posted this topic in the software instead of hardware forum? Thanks again!

geposted Thu 22 Jun 06 @ 2:08 am
Actually yes, but if you don't need any more answers you don't need to :)
Next time check where you are writing.

geposted Thu 22 Jun 06 @ 10:54 am
I use plextools to rip an audio cd to wav. Plextools come with a Plextor cd/dvd burner or player. These tools have a very good jitter detection and verification process. Then I convert the wavs to mp3 using cdex, with the lame encoder. This works ok for me.
Ewout

geposted Fri 23 Jun 06 @ 12:03 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)