Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Step by step Networking Explanation

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Here is my situation:

1) I don't know exactly what the network function is supposed to allow me to do.

2) I would like a detailed (extremely gory detailed) explanation of what it will allow me to do.

3) Step by step details on how to do it. I looked at this blog http://www.virtualdj.com/blog/MUSIKGUATE/blog3041.html and it is great for those who need Windows Network 101, it is also great in that it explains how to setup the network settings in VDJ config. However it falls short in that it has step 9 telling you to start playing and have fun. I have a network set up, I have computer names and workgroups set up and I have the IPs in VDJ set to the "other" computer (my laptop is 192.168.1.100 and my desktop is 192.168.103, the desktop's VDJ is set to the the laptop's IP and vice versa)

4) After that, how does it work? It does not tell you how to use VDJ and neither does the user guide.

5) I am not looking to boadcast to the internet, I would like to set it all up so that I can snyc the music from both machines.

This is a great product, when I use it at my gigs it works great. I do mostly weddings. While I am at home, I would like to able to get my main DJ machine going with a playlist, the have the laptop play the exact same music at the exact same time into my entertainment system in my house, thus having inside and outside music at the same time without making my neighbors suffer with 1000 watts per channel of my music.

geposted Tue 27 Jun 06 @ 4:04 am
Hey djjerryc

The main feature of linking 2 computers with vdj is that when you are playing a song in one of the decks of you pc ( in your case ) let's say it has 125 BPM and you want to beatmatch a song that is on your laptop, then you just load it up to any of the decks in your laptop and press the sync ( beatmatch ) button and automaticaly will sync with the song playing on the pc with the same BPM and also will sync the waveform, you wont see the pc's song waveform in your laptop thouogh ( I wish it would...jejeje )

The reason why I like this feature is not because of lack of HDD space ( as someone commented before...jajaja), but as I have a mobile discoteque, at the begining of a party, my partner starts playing, then as the party picks up, I start playing following his misic with the same beats, also we do a little DJ battle mixing at the same time, as if you had 4 decks, it's pretty cool the way it looks and it's a nice show for the audience. Remeber that every DJ, has it's own cues, comments, and music folders at his taste, so we don't mess arround with eachothers laptops.

Hope this clears out your question.

Peace !!!!

p.s. By the way, thanks for the good commewnts on my Windows Network 101 tutorial....jejejejejeje

geposted Wed 28 Jun 06 @ 2:22 am
OIC

TYVM MUSIKGUATE! You have cleared it up for me. It is more limited in it's functionailty than I thought, yet it seems like an extremely useful tool in the right situation. It appears that it will not do exactly what I wanted it to, but that is okay. TYVM for your efforts. This software is awesome.

geposted Wed 28 Jun 06 @ 5:34 am
Anytime djjerryc...........and yes......this software is AWESOME !!!!!!!!!

geposted Thu 29 Jun 06 @ 1:23 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)