Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Version 4. - Page: 2

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

can't the team release the pc version then work on the mac version while the pc users are enjoying it?

...something tells me this is gonna fall on deaf ears :P

geposted Fri 07 Jul 06 @ 4:26 am
How about a little sneak peak,say a screen shot? This is like christmas as a kid.Can't wait but glad you guys are doing it right the first time. P@40

geposted Fri 07 Jul 06 @ 4:47 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
maybe everyone should have to pay for the next upgrade...that way they will have a reason to complain
..i don't hear anyone complaining to bill gates about vista release....maybe thats because they dont look foward to paying for it. let's get real guys we can complain and moan all we want, but were getting this upgrade for free.....and as much as i like pc over mac it's only fair to release both at the same time ..remember this isnt an update it's a new version, so let's just sit back and enjoy 3.4 ...im sure the dev team doesn't need any more stress from us.....sneak peak or hoax you decide. either way it's at least something to look at http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/52222/General_Discussion/Think_Different.html

geposted Fri 07 Jul 06 @ 4:48 am
Personnally, I genuinelly dont mind waiting, in my eyes, VDJ 3.4 is good enough as it is to be used professionally (which I have done, even on older versions)

A move from 3.x to 4.x is a big move, as Norway said, this means a restart with the sound engine, writing it from scratch... Along with a re think of where VDJ is going, to me this is a great thing. It means that the wait for a new version will be well worth it.

Speaking of worth, as such, we all paid for a product some time back that more than likely didnt have the capabilities it does now, this is what makes the product great value to me (when is the last time pieneer upgraded your cdj1000's to the newest model for free? :D )

All in all, I dont think that the developers are sitting on their proverbial arse's doing nothing, the time that we wait for a new release means that the product is getting better every day. IMO its a lot more important to have VDJ where you can be 100% sure it will work live rather than adding buggy code to it and finding out later that you need to fix it... I, like everyone else, am waiting with the hope that VDJ 4 will have vast improvements over 3.4, but I am also sitting in the hope that I wont be playing one night and all of a sudden realise that I should of brought my cds out of the car lol :D

Willie

geposted Fri 07 Jul 06 @ 10:09 am
Pirate at 40
How about a little sneak peak,say a screen shot? This is like christmas as a kid.Can't wait but glad you guys are doing it right the first time.

geposted Fri 07 Jul 06 @ 11:34 am
dj-in-norway wrote :
<b>Pirate at 40</b>

Not a surprise really, everyone follows the leader.

Those people who use the 'free' argument for the next upgrade. In my case, I bought VDJ at 3.3. I bought it mainly for it's video and visuals capabilities. For me this has never been right, the visuals have never 'moved' when using advanced soundcard config. So really, Version 4 (if that has been fixed) is basically a bugfix, since VDJ for me doesn't 'actually' do what it said it does.

We know there are other 'bugs' as well. Don't get me wrong, I love VDJ, but why should I be charged for a bugfix?

I agree that VDJ are not good at communicating with their users when it comes to new releases, and I think this is a mistake, there are a LOT of enthusiastic, dedicated, loyal and professional users on here. When Norway posted above with regard to:-

"reason things have taken longer time than first said is VERY simple"

Why could VDJ not have done this? Why not post and say "look guys, we know we promised you the update soon but...."

It's not necessarily the delays in the releases that bothers people, it's the fact that VDJ isn't great at communicating with it's users!

So what would be wrong with VDJ posting an announcement saying something like this :-

---------------------------------
OK guys, the release is fairly iminent unless we have some major setbacks it will be released in x month. Things to look forward to are, we fixed this, that now works better, there will be a couple of new buttons for that, the skin will remain basically the same with an extra menu etc etc etc
----------------------------------

People would be happy with that, but being told a release is soon and then it doesn't come, yet no reasons are given is frustrating. VDJ expect some loyalty from their users, and in the most part they get it, so why not give something back in return?

A couple of weeks ago I was APPALLED that a new user was threatened with a ban from this forum for using caps! Is that the way to treat your users?

Take a look here :-

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/51583/Software_Technical_Support/NEED_HELP_WITH_EFFECTS.html

Am I right or am I wrong?

geposted Fri 07 Jul 06 @ 1:27 pm
you are actually a bit right TopHouse...

I try to keep open communication with all users.. .but its not always easy :)

And the threath of bad for caps, I find silly too... agree with you

geposted Fri 07 Jul 06 @ 2:41 pm
Thanks for the link Norway,looks impressive.Where was this video shot at ? P@40

geposted Fri 07 Jul 06 @ 7:02 pm
the MusicMesse in Frankfurt, Germany, earlier this year :)

More goodies for you :

geposted Fri 07 Jul 06 @ 8:29 pm
The default skin (at least for Virtual Vinyl) looks a lot more professional. You can actually read the time indicators without using the magnifying tool in Windows. Very nice, can't wait.

geposted Fri 07 Jul 06 @ 10:35 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I agree, it looks good, I just hope the new version won't suck up more system resources than the current 3.4. I've found that my system doesn't like having videos playing within the skin - it makes the whole skin go all stuttery, and sometimes causes the main video playback on the video projector to jump as well. Hopefully there's an option to hide the playback windows...

geposted Sat 08 Jul 06 @ 6:20 am

Showing video in a skin can both be hidden (skins with pannels), and not present (skins without video preview). So that part is a skin thing... :)

I find VDJ4 to use LESS resources on my pc, and so to quite a few of the beta testers.
That depending on some settings inside VDJ, but running it in "3.4 mode" works better than 3.4 does...

There will be some hi-fi settings with the new soundengine too, that will demand better pc's, but thats all optional :) "3.4 mode" will run better than the current 3.4...

geposted Sat 08 Jul 06 @ 12:45 pm
Are you beta testers also testing numark vv aswell as vdj4 for mac. and when will numark let vdj release vdj4?

geposted Sat 08 Jul 06 @ 2:51 pm
FunkenPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Just can't wait :-) but take your time guys.. we¨ll be waiting..

Funken

geposted Sat 08 Jul 06 @ 6:26 pm
Doesn't look like they've added much flexibility to the recordcase. I hope that's just because of the skin.

geposted Sun 09 Jul 06 @ 3:32 pm
anyway people the matter still exist......do anybody have the idea of when shall we have this new version 4? when I bought the 3.4 month ago I was not happy with the stretch engine (and few more little things) but the developers convinced me telling that the new version 4 would have solved all my problems....(I also thougth it will help me to find a girlfriend.....) well I found a gilrfriend by my self but I'm still waiting for the new 4.
I'm fine by now because I don't have much time to play live for few months but I hope to have some nice news after summer ends (maybe my girlfriend get pregnant........aghhhhhh).
Regarding the free thing....ok thats nice but I didn't push to have free update (of course I'm talking of major updates), when I bought the version 3.4 I didn't know about free upgrades, I only thought I better buy it now so, when the 4 comes out, I will pay less if I upgrade from the old one........what I want to say is I will pay for a major upgrade but if you want to give it for free than....thanks.

I will be patiently waiting with my new girlfriend for VDJ4.....thanks and ciao to everybody

PaulRain

geposted Thu 20 Jul 06 @ 12:15 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
nice post :))))

well.. v4 is tested and every new function has to be tested. When it will be finished you will get it. Nobody can give you the date, but it is close as it is told.

geposted Thu 20 Jul 06 @ 12:28 pm
yes version 4 is ready now, is supose that should be ready for the anniverssary nevertheless teamers decided to test it a little bit more and to check details, Manquin DJ.

geposted Thu 20 Jul 06 @ 6:57 pm
DJ ELPRO InfinityMember since 2005
My $0.02...I don't mind waiting for a free upgrade. Let the team do it right!!! I can only wish that the manual will be available at the same time the new version is available. That being said, I'm looking forward to V 4 point Oh!!

geposted Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 6:46 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)