Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Sound goes up and down problem

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

GilbzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Over the past couple of weeks I've finally given VDJ a good bashing every other night at gigs.

But I have found the sound on some tunes are going up and down. This happens pretty much on every beat, like when the bass goes the sound dips.
But then it does it in the vocal part of Gloria Gaynors 'I will Survive' when there's no music in the background.

Is it to do with something in the program? That analysis the track and adjusts it? Like the auto gain function?
Or is it to do with sound card settings?
I'm using a Maya EX7
It does it in the headphones as well so I know my speakers ain't naff!!!

I did a fresh rip of a tune tonight and it did exactly the same.

What I'm going to try tomorrow is check out my other Hard drive which is a back up and try the tunes on PCDJ (which I don't use anymore I may add!)

Any suggestions??

geposted Fri 21 Jul 06 @ 12:12 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Turn off the limiter in the config.

geposted Fri 21 Jul 06 @ 12:14 am
For best audio quality in VDJ, switch off "limiter" and "Time stretch" in the config menu. This will solve your problem.
Ewout

geposted Fri 21 Jul 06 @ 12:14 am
GilbzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Flippin 'eck that was a quick response lol!!!

I was just editing my post and you guys replied!!

Thanks, I'll give it a go tomorrow ;-)

geposted Fri 21 Jul 06 @ 12:16 am
Damn, Cyder was just 13 seconds earlier ;-)
Ewout

geposted Fri 21 Jul 06 @ 12:21 am
I had that same problem. Here is what my problem was and what I did.

set up:
Hercules
Laptop
Powered speakers
power conditioner

I did not have this hooked up to a preamp or a mixer. I had the limiter off. The signal was not strong enough by it's self. I bought a BBE Sonic Maximizer. Since then I have not had the issue.

geposted Fri 21 Jul 06 @ 8:32 am
or go to the hercules control pannel, and turn both output sliders to the top ;)

By default the hercules has the slider set to about 70%, making a low output for external mixers (compared to cd decks). Turn it all up, and its closer to the level of cd players.

geposted Fri 21 Jul 06 @ 10:05 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)