Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Database Backup

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

6 hours later nd 9500 mp3s later, my database is ready to go...but I have some questions

1. I use all the mp3s I imported to VDJ ( DJ COnsole Edition ) in iTunes. The artist, etc are all displayed properly in iTunes but in VDJ, I dont have any artists on 95% of the mp3s. BPM are good but Id even say some of them are a little high....

2. Ive read alot f backup techniques but there seems to be no consensus. how do you backup your two files of your database?

3. In reading posts, it appears that if I simply copy the two associated files for my VDJ database, I can use it on anothr computer ( assuming I force all computers to the same drive letter that my external HD is being assigned my the main or first computer Ive loaded VDJ on ) Is this true? If not,please advice

geposted Fri 11 Aug 06 @ 12:04 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Yes to backup the database you will need to copy the "mp3database.txt" and "VirtualDJ database.xml" files.

But if you want to have the same database on another computer the "mp3database.txt" isn't that important, neither is the letter of the HD your music is on. Because in "VirtualDJ database.xml" all that matters is the filename of each mp3file.

To have the same database on another computer, copy the xml file, and scan your HD to find all mp3 files.

geposted Fri 11 Aug 06 @ 10:45 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)