Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: esi u46dj installation problem

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi,
I just recieved today esi u46dj soundcard.
I think it works ok, i can hear left and right channel on my mixer and scratching sound better than in my old hercules mk1.

But there were something strange with install.
under my computer->control panel->sounds and audio device properties
should be 2 drivers (according to the manual): U46DJ (44.1khz) and U46DJ(2) (48 khz). But i have only the first one (U46DJ).

Also, I just cannot find ASIO control panel anywhere. In manual it reads: "Clicking the ASIO control panel button (or config) of ASIO applications will open the ASIO latency setting of U46DJ." I don't get it, I can't find this anywhere???

First I had version 1,0,14 but now i installed optional version 1.0.16. It sounds good as well but it didn't solve my problem.

geposted Fri 11 Aug 06 @ 12:49 am
it's ok, i know it says you should have those options in the instructions but i didn't get them either. go into virtual dj, go to the settings and then low latency timecoded vinyl config. there you can set your asio settings, and you'll aslo see 3 options. U46DJ, U46DJ_44kHz, and U46DJ_48kHz. I found the first one (U46DJ) works.

geposted Fri 11 Aug 06 @ 2:44 am
sarlacPRO InfinityMember since 2005
u46dj
hi, i just bought a u46dj also. i was gutted to see that it says in the manual that virtual dj is not supported (yet).

obviously when i got the card i followed the install instructions etc. it also advised me to d/load the latest drivers. all of this doesn't work. i think the manual is trying to refer to the asio side of things.

i uninstalled all of the previous drivers, re-booted and just plugged it in. the other settings i changed were in the audio properties of win xp which i changed to 5.1 speakers.

all of a sudden after doing this virtual dj now sees all six outputs on the sound card.

hope this may be of help.

geposted Fri 11 Aug 06 @ 7:56 am

I forgot to mention that i don't use TCV nor TCCD, i have DAC-3. Does this means i have no use for ASIO? In TCV config i can see three soundcard choices:
1) ASIO 2.0 ESI U46DJ
2) ASIO 2.0 ESI U46DJ_44khz
3) ASIO 2.0 ESI U46DJ_48khz

with driver version 1.0.14 i got only 2) and 3) listed but with version 1.0.16 i got all three choices. But that does not help because
if choose 1), i get: "error in the ASIO sound driver: not enough channels".
if choose 2) or 3) i get: "error in the ASIO sound driver"

The only soundcard config that works with my mixer is 4.1 mixer config with 7.1 output checked (a picture with soundcard, mixer and number 4.1). There soundcard is listed as "U46DJ".

With this config, sound quality and Scratching with Dac-3 sounds mostly the same as with hercules MK1, not much difference? Because ASIO is not working? U46DJ is just smaller and easier to carry out than herc which is only good thing right now...

geposted Fri 11 Aug 06 @ 10:49 am
ASIO will give you a faster response with the DAC-3, even if you don't use TCV.

I don't own a U46DJ, but I would guess that you would need to choose ASIO 2.0 ESI U46DJ_44khz (VDJ doesn't support 48Khz.) Choose the timecode option from the soundcard setup (Even though you don't use TCV) and then set the inputs and outputs to the U46DJ.

Then (Assuming you use my DAC-3 mapper) simply set the timecode active user parameter (Number 22) to 0. This will start the mapper with the timecode control disabled. You can also toggle timecode active on each deck using SHIFT+R.

geposted Fri 11 Aug 06 @ 6:02 pm
Ok, I think it works now! Here is what I did:
- I uninstalled all the drivers
- I clean up all the lines from registry that match keywords "asio" and "u46".
- I restarted computer and installed straightly driver version 1.0.16 (earlier i installed first version 1.0.14 and then version 1.0.16 which may have caused the problems).

- I opened VDJ and configured advanced soundcard config to asio mode just as posted with mk2 here:
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/45484/Hardware_Technical_Support/Hercules_MK2_with_EXTERNAL_MIXER_setup_work-around.html
There was Asio 2.0 ESI U46DJ on soundcard list.

- PUM! It works fine and no ASIO driver error! Nudging and scratching is superresponsive!

Well,
I seem to get some skipping problems when loading decks though. Although i have right now many programs open like zonealarm etc, i will test this better later.

Also,
i still can't check out my ASIO settings anywhere like buffer size etc... But I can live with it.

PS. I use my own DAC-3 mapper and own skin. I like to do things my own way ;)

geposted Fri 11 Aug 06 @ 7:07 pm
You may need to increase the ASIO buffer size if you are getting skipping/sound drop-outs. You will need to find a setting that gives you the best scratch performance without audio problems.

If you are using a laptop, make sure that you have set its power saving scheme to desktop PC for maximum performance (Otherwise power saving features will be used and reduce the laptop's performance - This makes a big difference for ASIO.)

geposted Fri 11 Aug 06 @ 7:24 pm
jpboggis wrote :
You may need to increase the ASIO buffer size if you are getting skipping/sound drop-outs. You will need to find a setting that gives you the best scratch performance without audio problems.

Yeah?? I'm still getting a few skipping problems. The buffer size is set to 128, so what would you recommend I set it to?

geposted Sat 12 Aug 06 @ 4:54 am
Secretsoul, how or where can you display the ASIO buffer size? I only have ESI control panel with volume sliders... there is nothing else on installation CD or ESI program files folder or anywhere.

geposted Sat 12 Aug 06 @ 7:45 am
jaakko wrote :
Secretsoul, how or where can you display the ASIO buffer size? I only have ESI control panel with volume sliders... there is nothing else on installation CD or ESI program files folder or anywhere.

the only way i know of getting to it is through the timecoded vinyl settings, and then there's a small button at the top that says "ASIO config".

geposted Sat 12 Aug 06 @ 12:27 pm
secretsoul wrote :

Yeah?? I'm still getting a few skipping problems. The buffer size is set to 128, so what would you recommend I set it to?

Try doubling the buffer size to 256 and see if it helps (You may need to restart VDJ for this to take effect.) If you still have problems, keep increasing it until it works reliably. Once you find this value, try reducing it by small amounts until problems start again. This should help you determine the optimum value for the buffer size.

NOTE: The lower the buffer size, the better the scratch performance.

geposted Sun 13 Aug 06 @ 7:49 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)