Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: How I Fixed Skipping and Freezing Video in VDJ

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I just set up a new System with Virtual DJ, and I was having terrible problems with video skipping and freezing on it. At first it would look okay, but then when you started playing the next video, it would freeze until you either turned the video on and off again, or disabled hardware acceleration.

If you disabled hardware acceleration (from the settings dialogue), the video would play back, but it's not real smooth... things run quite jerky, especially with a skin that shows three video preview windows.

I found a solution though. Perhaps there are other solutions, but what I did was change the extension settings so that the video playback uses the Windows Media Player Video Decoder, rather than the internal video decoder. I didn't expect it to, but it worked perfect, and everything was nice and smooth after that. I installed the K-Lite Standard Codec pack before doing this.

The video card I used was a cheaper one, a PCI-E GeForce 6200 TurboCache, but it should have been enough to do the job. Any ideas on why the internal video decoder was so jerky?

geposted Mon 14 Aug 06 @ 7:23 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Now scratch the video and see what happens. The internal decoder works great on newer video cards. Old cards can't use dx9 correctly that is where the problems come from. Getting a newer card with gddr3 ram will solve all your probelms.

geposted Mon 14 Aug 06 @ 8:34 pm
Well, it won't be doing any turntablism, I can guarantee that. But the thing is... it's a brand new video card!

A PCI-E e-GeForce 6200 Turbo Cache with 128 MB RAM onboard.

It was a cheap card, (<$60 CAD) but it's not old, that's for sure... it supports DX9 completely.

Is this just a sh!t card for Virtual DJ?

geposted Wed 16 Aug 06 @ 5:46 am
Following up my previous post, does anyone here have experience doing the video thing with a
E-GEFORCE 7300 GS 550MHZ 256MB 533MHZ DDR2 PCI-E?

Since the 6200 apparently doesn't cut it, I wonder if the slightly newer low-end card would work?

Really, I suppose I should just budget $200 for a video card, and get it over with, but I also want something that is fanless so I don't have to worry about it failing on me.

geposted Wed 16 Aug 06 @ 6:06 am
6600gt will solve all your problems. gddr3 ram cards work much better

geposted Wed 16 Aug 06 @ 5:05 pm
It appears that not all 6600gt cards have DDR3 RAM. I'd like one that is fanless... I found one too, but it looks like it only has DDR2.

Here are two choices from my main supplier: The price is similar, but one has more RAM, is fanless, but it's DDR2.

Gigabyte NX66T256DE Silent Pipe II GeForce 6600GT 256MB 128BIT DDR2 PCI-E
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=16812

Gigabyte GV-NX66T128D GeForce 6600GT PCI-E 128MB 128BIT DDR3
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=13856

geposted Thu 17 Aug 06 @ 5:12 pm
the 128 card with gddr3 will outperform the card with 256 at ddr2.

geposted Thu 17 Aug 06 @ 10:10 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)