Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: PC Question

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi guys...:o) Wonder if I could ask any pc geniuses in VDJ Land a question please.

I'm using a Sempron 2800 with 1.5 ghz ram. It's a very clean machine with only VDJ and music on it. However, I recently noticed that my CPU is clocking up at 50 odd degrees celsius so I bought a new cpu fan and chassis fan. This does not seem to have cooled it down any though. I'm a bit at a loss because while 50 degrees isn't too warm (website states that max temp is 90) I don't want it to go any higher than 50.

So, I've just been and bought another chassis fan (so now I have two), but can someone please tell me an answer to the following two questions:

1/ Are chassis fans supposed to suck in cool air or blow out hot air?

2/ If I have two fans on the back of my system (one sucking in cool air and one blowing out hot air) is this ok???

You can see in my blog that I have a black chassis fan in there. I've just bought another one and placed it above the black one. Now one is sucking in and one is blowing out. Is this ok? If so, I thought the top one should be blowing out hot air (seeing as hot air rises) and the bottom one sucking in cool air...does this sound right??? There doesn't seem to be any other spaces for fans to sit in.

Cheers folks...and keep spinnin'....:o)

P

geposted Mon 14 Aug 06 @ 8:31 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Normally you want to pull air from the front of the case and out the back

geposted Mon 14 Aug 06 @ 8:40 pm
Cooling is about air flow. There should be a nice air flow through your case. So for example air in at the front and out at the rear. So every element in your case gets some cool air. Not only your processor needs cool air but also your video card, chipset and harddrive. So monting two fans next to each other one blowing in the other out, do not seem good to me. You better could let them blow out both. Your power supply is (normally) also blowing out and at the same side. So all air is blowing out then. Fresh air should come in at the front.
Ewout

geposted Mon 14 Aug 06 @ 8:43 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
If you can only put fans of the back of the case, then make sure they are both blowing out. Hopefully the case has some kind of vent at the front and that will allow cool air in which will get sucked across to the the rear, hopefully picking up a bunch of heat on its way.

geposted Mon 14 Aug 06 @ 9:39 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)