Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: NEW BPM Detection Software - Page: 2

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Bagpuss...

I would say that autobpm is a better program... it gets the right BPM for any song as well, just like Mixmeisters program...

but it does not do anything to the file, hence is all information in vdj database stored and not touched...
autobpm link can be found on page 1 of this post...

it listens to what u play in vdj, gets the right bpm for hiphop etc (feks Beyonce), and you can add that info into the bpm at vdj....

for new files never skanned by vdj, Mixmeiser is a good program... still u must align cbg under the beat in vdj (after adding the new right bpm), so that loops and everthing work great..

;)

dj in norway

geposted Mon 28 Jun 04 @ 1:01 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
norway, wanna speak in detail on msn now?

geposted Mon 28 Jun 04 @ 1:08 am
Where R U guys doing live chat now ?

geposted Mon 28 Jun 04 @ 1:20 am
msn... (www.msn.com) microsoft messenger

mail adress in profile...come along :)

geposted Mon 28 Jun 04 @ 1:33 am
hey guys with mixmeisters software do u still have to enter the bpm or is it automaticly dont ?>????? please answer

thanx dj smokey

geposted Mon 28 Jun 04 @ 5:08 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
on msn now if you wish to chat....,

say so here

geposted Mon 28 Jun 04 @ 5:44 am
hi,

wrote a php hack which changes the bpm in the xmldatabase to mixmeister values. however, it's a little bit dirty and needs a lot of time and memory (depending on the size of your database), so you have to edit eventually the php.ini config file.

1) download http://www.mixmeister.com/bpmdownload.htm and install
2) run mixeister bpm program on your mp3 files (coffee here), be aware
of the filesize, run on backup tree! -> save the file as foo.txt
3) run vdj analyze on your mp3 files (coffee here)
4) download http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpxpath/
5) download http://hal9000.drehmoment.org/vdj.zip put the files in the
phpxpath sourcetree
6) copy foo.txt and the VirtualDJ Databese.xml as bar.xml in the
phpxpath sourcetree
7) start db.php it will write test.xml which contains your updated
database

I try it, it works, not easy to do but that works. Dj Morris

geposted Mon 28 Jun 04 @ 11:56 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Wow...

Are U a guy from the SourceForge team?

FRUiT94

geposted Mon 28 Jun 04 @ 12:56 pm
interpreter

We need time and coffee to verify your information.

geposted Mon 28 Jun 04 @ 1:11 pm
NAWTBOYPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I tried using that tag and rename program which will tag the bpm at the end of your file name which is kind of nice.....the only thing is the file name will be something like Britney Spears - Toxic (140.53) ..........but in VDJ you will only see Britney Spears - Toxic (140 .........it leaves out the .53 because the program thinks that .53 is the file extention. If you go in and change the "." to a "-" it will read Britney Spears - Toxic (140-05) which you can then verify against what VDJ guessed but it seems like alot of work just to get the full BPM showed in the file name. I wonder if there is a quicker work around for this....anyone with any ideas???

Wow....It is so nice when your hip hop trax have the correct bpm....Flippin Doubles....Looping...they are right on. I know you can go in and manually enetr the BPM but no matter how hard u try manually the song is always going to fall off once you get to about 2 minutes into the song.......

I think if we could get VDJ to read the embedded BPM would be the ultimate upgrade!!! and I wish there was a way of making a track unchangeable once you had the BPM and cues saved the way you wanted.

geposted Mon 28 Jun 04 @ 1:36 pm
NAWTBOY...
Britney Spears - Toxic (140.53) - u can use this rename, but you must have .mp3 ending

like:
Britney Spears - Toxic (140.53).mp3
no problems at all :) have done it myself with some new songs that where not scanned by vdj.
(works great with the program from clax, u must have made something wrong in the renameing process, leaving the .mp3 out)

and smokey187... YES! u still have to manually enter the BPM into files in VDJ, AND align cbg for looping etc to work.

I'm soon posting a guide "how to bpm" for hiphop etc for new users..

------------------------

besides that, I think that VDJ needs a BPM engine update.
No offence, but it seems like there for a long time was ok to just count bars (because that works for house music etc), but as new customers come along, and more diversity in music that are used, a better BPM engine is needed...
can not be to hard to make.. both little programs autobpm/mixmeister bpm gets it right...

geposted Mon 28 Jun 04 @ 1:59 pm
DJ Morris:

I swear my 61 line php script will not contain any virus :) because the
user have to rename(copy) the vdj database the script dont't touch
anything of the vdj setup.
however, the script does not do any error handling, maybe thereis
trouble with special characters in the filename. but on my database i
have successfully changed the bpm values.
any feedback is welcome.

geposted Mon 28 Jun 04 @ 2:04 pm
wow interpreter....
hope vdj teams test it and find it to work...

sounds very interessting...thanx man

geposted Mon 28 Jun 04 @ 2:07 pm
I might be missing something here......But what is this script we are talking about?? Will this script read the embedded BPM and tranfer the value to VDJ database?

geposted Mon 28 Jun 04 @ 2:11 pm
NAWTBOY .. did u see my naming post?
it works putting bpm in filenames like u did w/ Britney, but u must remember the .mp3 ending
(works great for me)

and the script reads from mixmeister prog and put the bpm value into vdj database :)

put you on my MSN by the way :)

geposted Mon 28 Jun 04 @ 2:14 pm
hey guys i made a copy of some of my hip hop into a diffrent folder and editted the bmp so i wont lose my cues etc i can finally play around with the mixing with out worrying so much about beats syncing out
ne way this is temporarly and it would take so long to edit my entire db

i think the team should disect that autobpm software coz what ever code its got its on the money

this is exactly what vdj needs
to read exact bmp and maybe some new pro effects and i dont think anyone could complain about anything or compare it to nething else software or hard ware

after this theres no stopping for vdj

anyway we appreciate ur hard work and keep them supprises coming

thanx

geposted Mon 28 Jun 04 @ 2:53 pm
Interpreter.....can u explain your process in a little more detail...I'm a little confused on such steps as #6.......are we renaming database to bar.xml??? or both of the files??? I'm not sure how this reads.

Thanks

6) copy foo.txt and the VirtualDJ Databese.xml as bar.xml in the
phpxpath sourcetree

geposted Mon 28 Jun 04 @ 3:19 pm
NAWTBOY:
"foo.txt" is the saved mixmeister bpm file
"bar.xml" is the "VirtualDJ Database.xml" (just renamed for security while testing)

both files need to be in the folder where "db.php" and "XPath.class.php" are stored.

for testing you should use my foo.txt and bar.xml files from the zipfile. if this creates the "test.xml" file your setup is ok.

maybe i will setup an html page with more detailed instructions (eg how to run with a minimal php setup).

geposted Mon 28 Jun 04 @ 3:46 pm
GwennPRO InfinityMember since 2003
interpreter : Can I adapte this sources to put it on the french communauty website 'www.atomixfr.com' ?

Gwenn

geposted Mon 28 Jun 04 @ 7:39 pm
Hmz I was working on an application that does the same thing as this... If people are interested in a Windows Application, I will continue to work on this, since setting up a PHP server on a home computer is not the easiest thing for everybody...

Regards, macourteau

geposted Mon 28 Jun 04 @ 7:45 pm
29%