Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: BPM Database Creation

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

DJ ELPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Has anyone figured out a way to convert/import or found a program that can convert'import VDJ's database into a spreadsheet so that we can have the BPM information on paper? I use Listmaker to make lists of my mp3 connection, but there are no fields for the songs' BPM. If there were such a field, I'd have to input the BPM info manually, which would suck. I wish there were a way to just import VDJ's database into a program and have it show the artist/song/BPM fields, as a minimum.

geposted Tue 22 Aug 06 @ 1:02 am
its in XML format...

A very common database format by now.

Built in logic XML structure, and modern spreadsheat (probably new versions of Excel too) and XML database editors can read, open and edit the database.

The BPM is inside the XML file for each song.

Its given in some kind of formula... dont remember exacly how, but I'm sure DJ Cel can help you with that part;)

geposted Tue 22 Aug 06 @ 1:07 am
I was able to import the virtual database into Excel (2002), but I would prefer if it didn't have all that extra information (like the greater and lesser than signs) and if the BPM was a number that I can actually use. Maybe the latest version of Excel would translate that information better. I would think that there is software out there, besides Excel, that wold be able use the xml information in such a way.

geposted Tue 22 Aug 06 @ 2:02 am
there is...

Google for free XML database editor

XML database is just a format (in tags <...>) ... just like Excel/Access is one..

XML database is very common by now...
Uses logic three build, inside tags <...>...parent, child build

Dj Cel will tell u how the BPM is coded... its just math. Think its some sort of samples /Hz math.. sorry, I dont remember the exact logic, but its not that hard to decode it

geposted Tue 22 Aug 06 @ 2:10 am
Thanks, Norway.

geposted Tue 22 Aug 06 @ 4:39 am

geposted Tue 22 Aug 06 @ 1:01 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)