Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ on Dell laptop

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I have VDJ on a dell laptop where the video cards have 7-pins. I know that 7-pin adapters are made with 3 rca females on the other end, one for video and two for audio? Does this mean that this video card output can be used as an audio out as well (from my video card)???

geposted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 9:12 am
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Very confusing... Why do you think the video card can be used as audio? RCA type connector is an oldter alternative to S-Video cable if that's what you're talking about.

geposted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 10:03 am
PuttePRO InfinityMember since 2004

geposted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 10:47 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
So let's explain some things...

1. there 2 types of S-video cable: 4 pin and 7 pin. You can plug 4 pin into 7 pin plug, but not 7 pin into 4 pin.
2. there is also chinch or RCA plug for video (3 pins of s-video cable together and one pin separately)
3. 7 pin s-video cable support audio, yes, but only if your graphic card is connected to sound card (or if there are graphic and sound card integrated to motherboard)

So you will get stereo out and copmposite (or s-video) out from your graphic card. But you will get clone output as from your main sound out from sound card. You can't use this stereo out separately.

Maybe even there is dead out, so your graphic card is not connected to audio card.

Shortly: 7 pin s-video plug is for video + stereo audio. Try and see it it works.
I have the same and with new laptop it works, but with old one there is dead out for audio.

geposted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 10:48 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)