Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: V4 ASIO

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I have 3.4 on my Gig box and V4 installed in another directory for tinkering with. Soundcard is a Gigaport AG. Now I have 3.4 set up to use 3+4 for deck 1, 5+6 for deck 2 and 7+8 for samples. With V4 since it uses a 'presets' system I cant find a way to have V4 use the same channels. Is there a way round this?

geposted Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 3:57 pm
You could try exporting the appropriate registry entries from 3.4 and importing them into 4.0 and give it a try. No guarantees that this will work, but it appears to be the best bet until an advanced configuration is added.

geposted Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 4:04 pm
If you are using the correct drivers (latest 2.61). You should have no problem customizing your outputs with the Gigaport. Under sound cards select ASIO driver, then below that under sound card the Gigaport ASIO should appear and below that the channels drop down menu will have all the possible options. You may not be able to use 7/8 but it gives all the options for 6 channels at least. I use 1/2 for preview & samples 3/4 for left deck and 5/6 for right deck.

geposted Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 5:03 pm
edsalPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Major Problems with mine too!!

Got my backup system fully installed and operational with 4.0, did a gig just last night with absolutely no problems----however, now that i'm trying my primary system, that soundcard selection leaves a lot to be desired!!! I need to select channels 3/4 and 5/6 ONLY on my gigaport. I use sax n dotties on chls 1/2--I have to, there is no option to select outputs.

At this point I can only run one program at a time. I need to run both. Right now, whenever, i open up sax n dotties, it plays just fine, but when i open up VDJ 4, it knocks out the audio to saxndotties. It does it now with both 3.4 and ver 4. This really sucks, now my primary system is totally out of commission. I'll have to go back and test my backup to see if it works both sax n dotties and VDJ

How do I go about changing the settings?? I did do a restore point just before install, I may have to go and restore it to the way it was before!!

Any help would be appreciated!!!

ED

geposted Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 9:13 pm
Still haven't solved the audio cutoff!!

Still looking to see if anyone has found a solution--or is even experiencing the same problem i'm having with VDJ cutting off sound to saxndotties!!! I know I won't be able to select channels 3/4, 5/6 as my main outputs, so i'm willing to move some cables around if I have too, but I stil haven't been able to get it to work with both programs!! I'm sure it's a setting that i've missed somewhere cuz my backup system works just fine with the configuration I currently have on it, It's my primary system I'm having trouble with. Any help on this would be appreciated!!

ED

geposted Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 12:46 am

Wait for 4.1, as the old advanced config might be back.

geposted Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 12:52 am
What does Normal +MME stand for in the asio config?? I know my backup laptop works fine with this on--both saxndotties and VDJ. I didn't get a chance to check on my primary laptop to see if I had that setting on before i restored back to 3.4. I may just have to try it again and see if I can get it to work that way!! I'm more than positive it's a setting i've hosed up somewhere, just trying to find it is a pain in the **ss!!

Thanks, ED

geposted Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 1:50 am
MME is some multimedia driver for your soundcard. Its some invention if Microsoft, that in theory should good, but think it was later replaced by WDM drivers.. Not all sure.... but you might try it ;)

And just play around with the settings, maybe you will strike gold...
And if not, hopefully 4.1 will bring back the good old "advanced soundcard config" for manually setting ins and outs.

geposted Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 4:04 pm
Hey DJinNorway,
I was able to reproduce the cutting off of saxndotties. I switched to "normal" under asio setup and that did it---cut everything off of saxndotties. Put it back to normal +mme and it worked. I'll have to try it on my primary too and see if that works. I'm still having some dropouts/skips---but funny, it doesn't seem to do it on any type of dance music (about 115 bpm's and up), but boy does it do it on country and tex-mex music!! Still working on figuring that out before i mess with my primary system!!!

Anyways, thanks for your help!!!

ED

geposted Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 1:26 am
Oh thats a feature....

Country and tex-mex music is not supported.. ;) lol

Just kidding;9

sounds weird though.. mp3 decoding is the same, regardless of genre...
hmmm.. maybe it is a feature after all... lol

geposted Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 1:29 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)