Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Help - 2 questions please

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

myselfPRO InfinityMember since 2004
First of all thanks for the update/upgrade. I appreciate it.

I have 2 easy questions for you;

1. Can you tell me what the following file extensions mean/do? *.svp *.dll I am struggling to understand where to put effects that i download. I used to have a mix of effects when the music played lasting 5 secs each after I had downloaded 30 visualisations. Also, where do i store *.bmp files for the slideshow?
2. Can i run vdj4 and vdj3.* at the same time? When i do a gig i want to have options for both.

Loving it so far.
Thanks in advance.
Craig

geposted Sat 02 Sep 06 @ 7:25 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Start here for the extensions you asked about:
C:\Program Files\VirtualDJ\Plugins

*.svp - these are the Sonique (30 Visual Effects) files - these can go really anywhere you like - But recommend in the above directory location in a folder call VideoVisual

*.dll - well these come in three flavors - some are Sound Effects, Video Transitions, and Video Effects --
Again, in the same directory location above place the Sound Effects in the SoundEffect folder,
and the Video Effects in the VideoEffect folder, and the Video Transitions in the VideoTransition folder

Also, where do i store *.bmp files for the slideshow? - like the *.svp files almost anywhere - however to if you wish to stick to the above path, create a folder (your choice of name - SlideShow? ) and create a shortcut to your desktop for easy access and updating.

Can i run vdj4 and vdj3.* at the same time? When i do a gig i want to have options for both. Yes, there have been a couple of discuss in the forum that discuss this and depending on your external devices (DAC, BCD2000, etc.) each scenerio is kind of different. Post back if you have these items and I or someone might be able to help for your situation. But, Yes they both can run together.

cstoll

geposted Sun 03 Sep 06 @ 2:00 am
myselfPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Thanks cstoll.
I use VDJ in it's most basic form. I am a mobile dj and do not scratch, beatmix or have any external controllers. I have an Ideq shuttle pc, external mixer and keyboard and mouse. I would like to gig using 4.0 (so i can get used to it) but have vdj3.4 (which i am used too) in the background preloaded with music just in case it 4.0 crashes or something.
Craig

geposted Mon 04 Sep 06 @ 2:28 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Glad to hear I could answer your questions. As for running 3.4 and 4.0 together - Yes. But I don't want to say it is completely clean. One issue that some are experiencing is the save of your sessions playlist when you close VDJ.

I am looking into this at what the problem is - the solution posted in the thread doesn't work - watch this thread if you are interested - http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/54308/General_Discussion/Playlists____.html

cstoll

geposted Mon 04 Sep 06 @ 5:01 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)