Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Video Performance Issues

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

djtybPRO InfinityMember since 2005
So, I've finally started playing around with V.4. Looks good. Sounds even better, but I feel like if I choose the higher performance settings to give me better quality, my video performance suffers.

Computer Specs

AMD Athlon 64 3200+
2GB DDR400 Ram
3 250GB SATA Hard Drives
GeForce 7800 GT PCIE Video Card with 256MB Ram
M-Audio Delta 1010LT

I tried the performance slider at the highest from the max setting - I notch to the left of absolute right and when I play 2 videos, they both slow down.

If I move it one notch to the left - I get fast video speed, but I feel like the master tempo doesnt work as well and the sound quality goes down...

Thoughts???

geposted Fri 15 Sep 06 @ 8:07 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Simply, Athlon 64 3200+ is not up to the task! For highest performance, I think that Dual Core Intel 915 D with 4Mb cache and 2.8 Ghz will be enough but not sure :) . I have that in the other machine and I will try it to see how it is performing. Stay tuned :)

geposted Fri 15 Sep 06 @ 8:24 am
Hmmmmm...works great for the videos on v3.4 - is v4 that much more computer intensive ? DO NOT want to spend any more money on PC parts - Maybe I'll just wait for the Mac version since I have 2 dual core Intel Macs.

Should I give up now on the Athlon 64 3200+ ??

geposted Fri 15 Sep 06 @ 9:25 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003

geposted Fri 15 Sep 06 @ 5:01 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Lol and I bought 2 :)

geposted Fri 15 Sep 06 @ 8:11 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

Best quality options are made to reach the top of the the must powerful processors. VDJ 4 even in it's fastest settings (opposit than quality) sounds better than VDJ 3.4. So please try to use a setting in there that let you work better, don't blame VDJ 4 or even AMD 3200+ processor.

If you want MAC version because of Dual Core processors, don't wait and buy now any of the laptops with Core Duo processors now, for sure a lot of more performance than your current Pc.

In a Few you are going to see Core 2 Duo on laptops too. But as I said before, just adjust your settings as well as it could be with your actual hardware and don't buy anything yet.

:-)

Good Luck!

geposted Sun 17 Sep 06 @ 11:07 am

geposted Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 9:00 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
That is a hell of a nice processor, but its not going to work with your current board as its the new am2 socket. Personally I would wait till the second generation of am2 boards to switch (probably around christmas) I'll be watching these boards closely.

geposted Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 9:27 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)