Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hmm somethings not right - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

DJKicePRO InfinityMember since 2005
Ok, after survier testing with both my sound cards, DELTA 44 and U46DJ. Niether is good. Or is it the program?

Backspin is horrible, scratching voices sounds like crap, scratching can sometimes even sound digital?

Used TCV Vinyl, technics 1210s, very beasty comp etc.

Tested many different latency and VDJ settings.

I was always concerned that it was my Denon CD players, obviously not. I was also told it was issues with my sound card, obviously not that either.

When thinking about buying VDJ, everyone indicated that if i had "pro version" it works fine. Obviously trial wasnt good enough to TRIAL. That didnt work.

After purchasing two sound cards($250AU each), VDJ Pro($250AU), TCV($100AU inc shipping to aust) and loosing $500AU on selling my cd players. I could have bought Serato and not have faced issues like this.

Please tell me the software is fine, or there is more settings to tingle with. If not please tell me this is gonna be fixed in a couple of updates, so i dont feel like my money is wasted.

geposted Sun 17 Sep 06 @ 4:40 pm
Go to performance tab of VDJ4, and set scratch algo to Quality.
Also, set general performance slider as high as possible (even highest)

Set latency for your soundcard to AUTO after that

That will make GREAT sound, both general and scratch ;)

geposted Sun 17 Sep 06 @ 5:39 pm
Neither of my sound cards have AUTO option for latency. I only found this feature in VDJ. I did have it slided all the way to quility and AUTO was seletected. I tried many other things also.

geposted Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 3:38 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
did u uncheck safemode

geposted Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 3:42 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
What is your PC specs? You need a very powerfull PC to be able to use the best quality setting for latency/sound.

geposted Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 4:23 am
umm yeah unticked safe mode.

PC Specs are too good. I have them on my other post let me find and I will post

geposted Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 5:24 am
4mb of L2 cache, Pentium D 920 2.8ghz,
no applications running in background(msconfig blocking everything on startup).
2gb of ddr2 800mhz ram... not cheap ram its geil ultra platinum....
asus mobo with 975X chipset....

Should be sufficiant enough information, the rest of specs are irrelevent. Specs should be fine I am guessing. It is currently Oced to 4.6ghz. But it's not the OC either because I have ran it at stock also.

geposted Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 5:30 am
Dont' OC your CPU, it is powerfull enough :)
Hm, than you maybe have a problem with OS/drivers, check the latest for everything, starting from your Intel Chipset. Try also Direct X August update. Other than that, you can always try another sound card but yours is just ok... a weird problem :(

geposted Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 6:21 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Wierd Indeed , seems the Dual Cores are having the most issues

geposted Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 7:34 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
With overclock checked scatching will use more CPU then normal.

geposted Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 2:03 pm
in asio, do this :

geposted Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 5:07 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
are you using the MK2 in this setup? including that you have 3 soundcards. Why not make this very simple, uninstall all the soundcard drivers, pick one card say the u46dj and start fresh again. Sounds like too many cards and drivers going on.

geposted Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 5:20 pm
I second that, it will be best if you reinstall windows and then install drivers only for ESI U46DJ card and try the options mentioned above for performance.

geposted Wed 20 Sep 06 @ 6:11 am
rEsKPRO InfinityMember since 2006
With u46dj, disable the "software riaa pre-amp" in the tcvs setup of Vdj.

geposted Wed 20 Sep 06 @ 3:55 pm
Why would you disable software riaa pre-amp ? thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard? 0% signal... its a move for disaster. Also... using a mouse to go backwards threw a song, slows both songs and distorts and all sorts of stupid things.

Has anyone got backspin to work good with vdj?

No conflicts on soundcards. Hercules is not even installed so meh! Delta and U46... NO conflicts... diff IRQS and all....

geposted Sun 24 Sep 06 @ 4:06 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
DJKice wrote :
Why would you disable software riaa pre-amp ? thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard?

The u46dj has a built in phono preamp.

geposted Sun 24 Sep 06 @ 6:08 pm
DJKice wrote :
Why would you disable software riaa pre-amp ? thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard? 0% signal... its a move for disaster. Also... using a mouse to go backwards threw a song, slows both songs and distorts and all sorts of stupid things.
Has anyone got backspin to work good with vdj?

The Backspin works flawlessly with the software riaa pre-amp OFF. The Signal may be 0% but I found it to work ok. This only works with the new generation TCV's though. The old TCV's have a crappy backspin and crappy sound overall, software riaa pre-amp on or off period.
If you use the new gen tcv's with the software riaa pre-amp on, they tend to act like the old generation tcv's i.e crappy backspin.

geposted Mon 25 Sep 06 @ 2:10 am
rEsKPRO InfinityMember since 2006
DJ Cyder wrote :
DJKice wrote :
Why would you disable software riaa pre-amp ? thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard?

The u46dj has a built in phono preamp.

That's it. I had the same problem and this was my solution. I 'm using new generation tcv's and it works fine...

geposted Tue 26 Sep 06 @ 8:48 am
bah. theres diff generations? How can I tell which generation mine is(purchesed mine Fri 01 Apr 05)? I live in Australia, to get em here... costs me bulk in shipping dammit!.... i was gonna wait for Numark for some new TCV.... dunno when they plan to release in AU though... gigs are in november dammit.

Also for some reason, I cannot select U46DJ picture as my sound card... I can only select ASIO Driver... and then ASIO 2.0 - ESI U46DJ

geposted Thu 28 Sep 06 @ 7:09 pm
I thought I had the old tcvs, but I must have the new ones as backspins and reverse seem to work great through my setup (on numark tt500's);^]

geposted Thu 28 Sep 06 @ 7:45 pm
91%