Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Mixers

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

chise1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi everyone, I'm in high school currently, and I may be DJ'ing our next dance. We're planning on renting some DJ speakers, but, to be honest, I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to hooking up some hardware to other hardware. I'm going to be getting a Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum sound card shortly. We're going to hook up the speakers to an existing sound system installed in our arts center. First off, what's the best way to hook up my computer to the system? Is it through S/PDIF? Secondly, will it be completely necessary for us to rent a DJ mixer as well, or is it possible to do everything on the computer?

Thanks in advance,
Chris.

geposted Wed 20 Sep 06 @ 2:36 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
It will be hard to mix just with computer for such a party, but you can do it :) Although the best way will be to buy DJConsole MK2 and you won't need anything else. YOu will get VDJ with it and then you can connect MK2 with amplifier with RCA cable. It's the easiest way to get mixer, sound card and controller. And it's not so expensive.

Otherwise you will have to connect your sound card with cable to amplifier, but not SPDIF :)

geposted Wed 20 Sep 06 @ 12:52 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)