Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Is this possible

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

hefferHome userMember since 2006
Am looking at startin out and would like some advice. My laptop doesnt have a very good sound card so I am thinking of purchasing an external sound card like this -

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/store/pcw_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0892796048.1160661933@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccecaddjdjelhffcflgceggdhhmdgmk.0&page=Product&fm=null&sm=null&tm=null&sku=790349&category_oid=

What i want to do is connect an external mixer to my laptop to control the sound coming from PCDJ. I only want to use the built-in speakers on my laptop till I can build up some skills. I am able to get hold of a basic Numark Mixer to use but am just a bit stumped on how to connect everythin. Would I just connect the mixer to the external sound card using phono cables? Would I be able to upgrade and use vinyls with this set up.

I dont particularly want to use a DJ console like the Hercules MK2 because I would prefer the look of more traditional set up.

Sorry if this makes no sense but a want more than mixin with a mouse!

--
Moderated by Lady Cameron
Sorry heffer no email address is allowed from a demo user

geposted Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 4:09 pm
Hi Heffer,

I wouldn't recommend the soundcard you have in mind for use with VDJ. I once bought one and regretted it.

I know it is more expensive, but I would recommend a AUDIOTRAK U46DJ USB . they are on Ebay in UK for around £99. I know that seems like a fair amount of money, but it will do everything you want to do now and in the future, plus which you would expect to get a good price if you wanted to sell it on later. Connections for Time Control are all here in the forum, just do a search when you get to the time and you'll find all the information you need. For now though, you'll just want to connect to your mixer channels.

Good luck

A

geposted Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 4:27 pm
hefferHome userMember since 2006
Cheers, what were the problems with that sound card. A know the DJ in a local club and a reckon a may be able to get a set in there in time. If a get the sound card you recommend would a be able to connect that to any mixer cos its a pro setup they have in there. The DJ in the club is a shambles and am aimin to replace him eventually - watch this space

geposted Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 4:38 pm
Yes, you'd have no problems connecting to any mixer with the Maya soundcard.

Good luck with getting in at the club. Whereabouts is it?

a

geposted Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 9:52 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)