Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: System Crashing - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

I've been having this problem for a couple weeks now, mainly when I try to back cue with the TCV, my system will crash and give me an error message stating something to the effect of "IRQ not equal or less than", yet when I check resources for all USB under device manager they all say no conflict.

Dell Inspiron 130b
1 GB ram
Pentium M 1.8 GHZ
80 gb hard drive

USB devices:
mk2
radium 49
optical mini mouse
powered hub
u46dj (driver .16)
USB cooling pad

Running VDJ 4.1r2 with TCV

I'm at a loss here, can somebody trouble shoot me through this?

geposted Mon 23 Oct 06 @ 11:14 pm
Thats might just be a driver error...

Reinstall or update the soundcard drivers.

Its often just bad drivers or corrupted drivers.

But the error indication really suggests an error where two modules trying to access the same IRQ. This error will appear more when using resources that share the same IRQ, i.e. a sound card and video sharing same IRQ will crash system when programs that use these devices frequently and intensively.

But you said you had no IRQ sharing, so might just be corrupted drivers

geposted Mon 23 Oct 06 @ 11:22 pm
Timmyg1978 wrote :

....yet when I check resources for all USB under device manager they all say no conflict.

You should really look for SHARING and not conflict.

See if you audio card SHARE same IRQ as other device used intensivly during mixing, such as video card, or harddisk

geposted Mon 23 Oct 06 @ 11:26 pm
Ok, tryed that (reinstalling .16 driver) and now it's not crashing when I back cue so far, but when I use my fingers to move the TCV forward or backward the sound on both decks start cutting in & out as it did when it was crashing until I stop and then it plays normal again.

I'm starting to think somethings seriously wrong with laptop, the wireless network adapter won't connect (even after reinstalling their drivers) and a few days ago my norton became corrupted all on it's own (haven't reinstalled it yet but did uninstall it).

Ok, I'm off to try another set, we'll see if it crashes again, thanks;^]

geposted Mon 23 Oct 06 @ 11:38 pm
Under device manager it only lists the devices as universal controler and enhanced controler. All the listed universal controlers have differant numbers but the enhanced controler is listed as 16 which is the same as the first universal controler listed.

geposted Mon 23 Oct 06 @ 11:44 pm
well, I really think you should re-check your IRQs

Red line = perfect

Blue line = IRQ sharing (that CAN cause huge problems... if shared by intense hardware in use with VDJ)

Also, wifi, lan and bluetooth (that "uses internal usb") are causing issues with many usb soundcards.
And can be disabled when mixing...

geposted Mon 23 Oct 06 @ 11:45 pm
My bad, I was looking in device manager instead of msinfo. It looks like I definatly have a sharing problem (apologies for not looking in the right place to start). As you can see below alot of devices are sharing 16. Now the real question, how do I fix it?

geposted Tue 24 Oct 06 @ 12:07 am
Sorry, here's a better view;^]

geposted Tue 24 Oct 06 @ 12:20 am
Wow

Your running a lot of USB hardware, and the USB hub at your system share IRQ.
In itself very likely to cause AT LEAST crackles and pops, maybe even freeze...

Now, it share IRQ with your GRAPHIC CARD + YOUR ON BOARD soundcard
Accident waiting to happen...

IRQ's can be changed manually in Windows pre-XP version
Or in Bios, or by physically move internal hardware.

But you should try to DISABLE things you dont use when mixing.
Such as (and specially) your on board soundcard.

Also, try running less USB devices... or move them around at different ports, to see if you can run out of the problem.

Lots more here:
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/57349/General_Discussion/Pop__Click__Skip_and_USB_audio_dropouts_solutions_for_PC_s_in_general.html

geposted Tue 24 Oct 06 @ 12:35 am
I disabled sigmatel audio codec (my onboard sound device) under device manager, tryed moving the USB devices to differant ports, disabled LAN and a few others under bios, but still nothing changes. I'm on xp home edition, does this mean I can't change the IRQ? Please be patient with me, this is getting to be pretty frustrating;^[

Also, should I be worried my u46dj, mk2 and radium 49 aren't listed on IRQ under msinfo?

geposted Tue 24 Oct 06 @ 1:19 am
Timmyg1978 wrote :

Also, should I be worried my u46dj, mk2 and radium 49 aren't listed on IRQ under msinfo?

Kinda... as they are all running as USB devices.
(and if on external hub, SAME irq... if on pc port, probably same irq some of them)

Now, the usb port's irq share irq with your graphic card, so might be problems yes!

But try a bit of elimination. Try running without hercules.. then without u46dj...
Until you eliminate what is the core device causing the crash.
Then try to BOTH update the driver, and to move port for that device.

Its NOT easy to change irq on XP Home. As Windows XP has some IRQ steering going on, "allowing" more devices to be connected to the PC, than the PC architecture was really made for.
This usually works good by "virtual IRQ's", even sharing.. But not when shared by INTENSE devices.

Are you running a laptop or desktop?
IF you are running desktop, you might have more luck, as you can go to bios and try change irqs there.
(laptops usually dont allow that)

But try some elimination, to locate the core problem device.
Then first try new drivers... (new drivers might be less sensitive to irq share).
If that dont work, try moving ports, use less devices.

Btw, you might also update devices shared (IRQ16, and graphic card specially) too...
They migth have better less sensitive drivers also.

dont give up ;) chances are good it works in the end ;)

geposted Tue 24 Oct 06 @ 2:07 am

one more thing... if you are running desktop, disable the onboard soundcard in bios too.

geposted Tue 24 Oct 06 @ 2:09 am

even one more thing.. lol;) gotta go to bed now, but will help you more tomorrow..

I need to know if you get a message to WHAT driver cause the crash?
Do you get a blue screen ?

And is it the usbaudio.sys (or something like that) ?

IF last, try removing the drivers for the usb soundcard that you DONT use (most likely the hercules), and only have U46dj drivers on your system.
This crash can also be caused by a conflict on the usb audio driver.

If you can give some more info, it would help :)

Gotta sleep now, but will read this thread tomorrow.... (or maybe someone else can help too)
And you can try Google in the meantime too... Search for the conflict message you get..
Like "irq less than equal usbaudio.sys" or what the message you get is.
Chances are good that someone have similar issue, and found a good way out of it;)

geposted Tue 24 Oct 06 @ 2:15 am
Not sure about the driver message, but it was a blue screen (had to manualy shut off computer) and it is on a laptop.

I tryed unplugging all USB devices but the list stayed exactly the same after I refreshed the view. I uninstalled the high definition codec and that dissapeared from the list. Then I uninstalled the drivers for u46dj and mk2, but the list didn't change. After reinstalling the u46dj drivers (.16) it still doesn't show up on the list either. Finaly I tested VDJ and it still (though not crashing) cuts out sound when I push one TCV forward or backward. Should I maybe now consider doing a factory restore on the computer? I really don't wanna have to do that, but it's starting to sound like my only option.

geposted Tue 24 Oct 06 @ 2:53 am
Did a google search too, lots of people with the same problem, no real sollutions. One guy suggested disabling ACPI mode, but I can't find an option for this in windows or bios. Pretty disheartening, but I'm off to check dells website nect.

geposted Tue 24 Oct 06 @ 4:24 am
Timmyg1978 wrote :

I tryed unplugging all USB devices but the list stayed exactly the same after I refreshed the view.

Yes, USB devices dont show, as they are all connected to the usb port.
The usb port has ONE Irq, that the usb devices SHARE.
And this is part of the problem.

Thats why I said try run wiht U46 dj only, and see if its a USB conflict (sharing issue).
It can be resolved if lucky, by removing the drivers for one of the usb soundcards (Hercules), IF the crash error is releated to usbaudio.sys.

geposted Tue 24 Oct 06 @ 10:25 am
I tryed that last night with my set after uninstalling the drivers for my mk2, getting ready to try again but I don't expect any changes. It didn't crash, but when I fast forward or rewind using my fingers over the TCV the sound still cuts out and drops in some places. I also tryed uninstalling everything listed on IRQ 16, thinking it might shuffle the numbers, but after reboot they all went right back to 16. I dropped microsoft an email too, haven't responded as of yet though;^[

geposted Tue 24 Oct 06 @ 9:35 pm
Just finished my set. I threw in a cd about half way through and reinstalled the mk2 and found there was absolutly no differance at all. No crashes or freezing, however the other problems still persisted. I'm positive now these problems are due to the IRQ sharing, and after exhausting all my efforts to fix the problem I give up. I'll just use it as is, luckily I'm not running this as a business yet, I think I'll save up to get a mac & wait for the mac release before even thinking of opening up a service. But I do greatly appreciate all of your help;^]

geposted Wed 25 Oct 06 @ 12:38 am
I got to tell you that you arent alone here. I too have a Dell and it was causing alot of problems so much so I gave up. I too have IRQ conflicts on 16 and there was nothing I could do to fix it. Ireinstalled the OS and all the drivers. I cannot even think about using my MK2 so I gave up and use a DAC2. I am reading all of this and hoping to learn something Norway and I didn't think of in my post. If you want to see it search under General Discussion and type in Pops and Crackles. I think it says To all who have Pops and Crackles or something like that. My next step if I decide to try and fix this is to take it to a computer shop and have them take a look at it. If I use my MK2 as soon as I play a VOB my VDJ freezes.

geposted Wed 25 Oct 06 @ 12:40 am
Yeah, I had read the stuff in the general discussion forum, was how I learned to search system info by way of of msinfo 32. To be fair, in my google search I discovered this a universal problem on alot of laptops running win xp, even sony who makes damn good computers (along with dell). I seems to be more a fault of microsoft than anything, and it makes me wonder greatly about my continued use of windows. Remember when xp came out & they bragged how great it was for audio & video use? Yet they didn't forsee this as a problem, in fact I've read on message boards that "shared IRQ won't create any problems", it's a flat out lie. I'm going to be consulting with a tech from mac to make sure that this won't be a problem on one of theirs and if not, school will have to wait as I save to get a mac.

Heh, it's a good thing I believe in non violence or else microsoft would have a real problem..lol..jk

Good luck to ya, you'll need it;^]

geposted Wed 25 Oct 06 @ 12:51 am
87%