Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ On A New Computer

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

DJ ELPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I recently got a new computer just for using VDJ. Since I had a few problems with VDJ 4 in the past, I decided to install VDJ3.4 as well as VDJ4 on the new computer. I installed dthem in different folders, of course. I want to update VDJ4 with vdj4.2, but I get an error message telling me that 4.2 is an update and I need to have VDJ4 installed, which I do. Does this mean that I would have to uninstall VDJ3.4 so as to avoid problems? If so, will there be a problem reinstalling VDJ3.4 after updating VDJ4? Thanks. BTW...new specs are HP AMD Athlon X2 dual core +4600, 2GB RAM, 250GB HD, integrated video. I'm a day away from installing an ATI Radeon Pro x1600 PCIx16 with 512 MB RAM.

geposted Tue 24 Oct 06 @ 5:56 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I would have installed VDJ4 in the proper directory and installed 3.4 in an alternate directory. That way moving forward all updates would run fine. So, uninstall both and re-install 3.4 in a non-default location and install 4.1 in the default location.

cstoll

geposted Tue 24 Oct 06 @ 6:07 am
DJ ELPRO InfinityMember since 2005
OK, I'll Try that.

geposted Tue 24 Oct 06 @ 2:20 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)