Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Need some help with my new MK2

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I need some help with my new MK2 console. I have a few issues and I hope someone can help.

Let me explain:

I installed the software that shipped with the device and then did all the upgrades from the internet. Upgraded the VDJ to ver 3.4 and the hercules drivers to the latest. I am pretty conviced that the setup is spot-on.

I do however feel that the sound quality is poor. I plug the console into a SONY amp and when you realy cranck the volume up the quality seems to go for a ball. Midrange seems to distort.

If I take some gain away with the "bass - medium - trebble" knobs it gets better, but my tracks loose it's "punch"

If I push more gain it distorts BIG TIME !

The second problem is just that ! I mix trance music so I rarely use the crossfader for transitions. I like to feed the tracks into each other using the 3 channels ( bass - mediun - trebble ). Now the problem is when you drop the bass of the track but you get eager and use to much, the distorsion is unbearable. It's almost asif the gain on the output channels is way to much.

Now I saw that the Bass-medium-trebble buttons actualy influences tha "gain" on the skin I use (MIX Station SV_04 BLACK (V2.00_edA).bmp) and not the actual channels. Is there a way to map those knobs to the channels and not the gain ?

I hope this makes sense and I hope someone can help

Thanx !

geposted Thu 26 Oct 06 @ 1:46 pm
why dont you try using another skin and see if the problem is solve..

then try and contact the author of the skin and ask if there is a fix..

also browse the skin forums..see what you can dig up..

im also a trance dj, and i dont have problems with the eq..

maybe as u said its just a skin issue..

cheers

DJ Rudra

geposted Fri 27 Oct 06 @ 6:39 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
hi there

yes try another skin :)

do u have eq on ur amp ?

try lowering the console volume and bosting the amp

geposted Fri 27 Oct 06 @ 12:01 pm
Hey Rudra ....

Thanx for the feedback... Can you tell me what skin you are using for mixing? If we are into the same genre of music your skin will be a good place to start.

I managed to sort out dome of the issues. I dropped the gain on the skin by about 10% and it seems to work better now.

Thanx for your time

geposted Wed 01 Nov 06 @ 8:14 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
kool

geposted Wed 01 Nov 06 @ 2:34 pm
The rule of thumb with the 3.4 is in options select for the gain and always match and after loading set the first song to below -2. I have my dj set his at -2.7. Give it a shot and let me know. You also could always try the demo to 4.1r2 the sound difference is amazing!!!

geposted Thu 02 Nov 06 @ 9:20 am
radiofcPRO InfinityMember since 2006
discobrian24 wrote :
The rule of thumb with the 3.4 is in options select for the gain and always match and after loading set the first song to below -2. I have my dj set his at -2.7. Give it a shot and let me know. You also could always try the demo to 4.1r2 the sound difference is amazing!!!

This advice is top notch my friend! It certainly seems to have sorted out my sound issues anyway. Thanks.

geposted Wed 08 Nov 06 @ 10:33 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)