Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Traktor User comming your way

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hey there,

Now I'm not gonna diss N.I .
Traktor is an amazing piece of coding.
However, after d'loading the trial of VDJ last nite I was amazed at how well it performed.

I've used Traktor for many years now and found nothing that even compares.

OK, so I've spent a couple of hours on VDJ and sure, I found certain parts better and others worse than Traktor.

The first thing that I noticed was how good the BPM detection is and the sync feature is pretty damn in "sync".
In Traktor I can spend some very valuable time setting beat markers etc, but using VDJ I can use this time being more constructive.

Not sure if I will completely switch platforms, but I will certainly be purchasing VDJ in the near future.

One only gripe I find at the moment is the lack of available "quality" skins.

Can I only download the skins once I purchase and register my product?

Oh well, in a couple of hours I'll've put the demo on my gigging comp and see how it performs through the multi channel card.

Be in touch.

Control1

geposted Thu 26 Oct 06 @ 4:54 pm
Also what does the following mean and how can I get the better skins

"Sorry your level is not high enough to download this add-on."

geposted Thu 26 Oct 06 @ 5:12 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Once you become a professional user (i.e. purchase the software) you can download everything in download section. That message you mentioned in your second post is referring to that fact. There are tons of skins you can use and more being created every week. Hope to see you as a full user soon.

geposted Thu 26 Oct 06 @ 5:23 pm
Thanks for the info.

I will play with the program for a little while longer, as I'm only on 1st impressions at the moment.

But will definately buy it.

Thanks

geposted Thu 26 Oct 06 @ 5:59 pm

Sounds good ;)

geposted Thu 26 Oct 06 @ 7:12 pm
DjGazUKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
If only NI did a version that would play video I would have still been with them.

I've been hearing good things about PCDj VJ though. Is it woth checking out?

I still use Traktor and Final scratch on the other laptop as a backup for every time Virtual Dj crashes. (Which for me is quite often).

But I'm looking at using the FS2 Amp as an ASIO sound card, I havn't tried it yet, and I'm still waiting for someone to get back to me about another post on this forum about where to buy time code vinyl because it woudn't let me pay for any on the VDJ site, so I'm looking for somewhere in the UK. Does anyone know where I can get some !?

geposted Fri 27 Oct 06 @ 2:50 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
sincerly no visionic products such majorly

geposted Fri 27 Oct 06 @ 2:52 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
@DjGazUK

why wait for pcvj when you can get it from the company that makes it for them???

http://www.lividinstruments.com/

look similar????

I hope you like converting all your files livid is quicktime based.

geposted Fri 27 Oct 06 @ 5:57 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Wow now thats interesting

geposted Fri 27 Oct 06 @ 6:06 am
I stopped using traktor earlier this year and haven't looked back since. VDJ is THE SHIT.

geposted Fri 27 Oct 06 @ 9:08 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
:)

geposted Fri 27 Oct 06 @ 9:45 pm
i've used both traktor and vdj and at first traktor i thought wit 3.1 had them until 4.1 r2 came out now vdj sounds amazing great job vdj

geposted Sat 28 Oct 06 @ 1:50 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
What is so great about Virtual dj:

It is so Easy of use AND powerfull at the same time.
This means you can be creative, so when you have an idea you can do it immediately, not thinking how to do it (untill you forget it)

There are many good/powerfull programs available now for both dj'ing and music production
but ONLY 2 of them can do this (imo):
Virtual dj and Ableton Live.
I use them both.

geposted Sat 28 Oct 06 @ 6:39 pm
Thanks for the replies guys.

Whats the story with Numarks Cue?

Looks to me like a skinned VDJ, some collaboration me thinks.

If so, is it basically a skinned version, or is it better/worse and in what ways.

When I get off work I will d/l the demo and give it a try and compare them myself.

cheers

geposted Tue 31 Oct 06 @ 1:13 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
No need to compare, It is exact the same thing...

geposted Tue 31 Oct 06 @ 1:18 pm
Thanks for that

geposted Tue 31 Oct 06 @ 3:30 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)