Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Help with Timecoded Vinyl Please

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi everyone. Ok... It's a matter of pride now. I really want to get this working.

I am having some issues with the timecoded vinyl. I hook up my turntable and have everything going. The sound quolity is good and have no bad noise or anything to speak of. However, every now and then we seem to get some digital blip. This must be a latency setting or something someone has dealt with before. Can anyone recommend any setting for me to try in the config to get everything running smoothly.

Here are my specs.

Duo Core 1.66
1 gig RAM
XP Pro
VDJ 4
ESI U46DJ (And yes... I'm running the newest driver... the correct one) :-)

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks again

geposted Wed 08 Nov 06 @ 4:24 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
some ideas

try lowering , your proformance tab

preferences > proformances

fast < qualtiy

also what stylus are you using:)?

geposted Wed 08 Nov 06 @ 10:59 am
hey there. Thanks for getting back to me. I am using proper Stanton catridges. I'll definitely try lowering the performance tab. I was under the impression that we would want that tab all the way to the left because of latency with scratching etc. Maybe I'm messing myself up. I'll try your suggestions and get back to you tomorrow on it.

Also in general where would you set the latency? I forgot to try to set VDJ to AUTO yesterday and then changing it in the sound card. Is there some sort of magic setting that works with most configs?

Like I was saying... we are so close... just trying to fine tune it. Also, I have been spending lot's of time reading the forum and had a very hard time finding an answer. Is it really that different for everyone?

Thanks.

geposted Wed 08 Nov 06 @ 4:54 pm
auto is best

as far as i know

geposted Wed 08 Nov 06 @ 4:55 pm
Ok... a little update for you. I tried your suggestion and definitely had success. The sound quality is great and things are definitely usable.

I was wondering about a couple other things. Do you find that the meter on your screen for the TCV signal quality goes up and down quite a bit. In other words, the signal quality doesn't stay at 100%?

Also... I'm going to re-read the manual to get a better understanding of all the algorithm stuff etc. but do you have any wise words on some additional settings. I put the latency to AUTO and have the sound card set to 256. It seems all good for now.

Just wondering if there is a note or advice on some additional settings that help smooth things out.

Thanks in advance.

geposted Sat 11 Nov 06 @ 7:28 am
if possible try to boost your asio buffer on your soundcard a little bit

it wont always stay at 100

but if it changes rapidly and sounds unstable that is not normal and is bad

geposted Sat 11 Nov 06 @ 2:45 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)