Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Timecoded cd latency setting questions...

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

mainedjPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Good morning,
I have a Presonus Firebox on order for use with VDJ, and was wondering how I would set the latency on the card.
I was reading in the manual I d/l'ed from the Presonus website (it's not here yet) but wanted to know what setting works the best to use. I was just going to set it to the lowest setting, but this is what I read from the manual:
Latency: – Sets the amount of delay time of your FIREBOX (1.5ms – 24ms). Latency
is the time it takes for the computer to process audio. Lower latency settings demand
more CPU resources. In the case of inconsistent audio, (i.e. drop outs, pops and
clicks, digital distortion, etc) we recommend that you increase this setting.

Just looking for some feedback, and helpful hints on this, and anything else that can get me set up quick with the tccd's and not have to worry about it crashing at the club.

Here is the manual if you need it:
http://www.presonus.com/pdf/fireboxManual1.0.pdf

Thanks!!!

geposted Sat 11 Nov 06 @ 3:48 pm
DJKicePRO InfinityMember since 2005
hey bro. I was a TCCD user for quite some time. I will let you know that the player you use is important to. Because they way it reads/emulates the vinyl and sends it to the computer is important just aswell the latency. I was experiancing prolems with Denon cd players untill they released there latest patch which supposidly fixes serato glitches(also fixes VDJ).

You need to get the box and have a play with what settings work for you. Just push it as far as you can or use the settings which work best for you. If you experiance problems you will easily know that you need to bump up. The more power the PC has the higher settings you can have. Also note that USB has a delay also, it takes time for the information to get to the computer also because it is a USB box it itself can be a cpu intensive task. Also make sure you test with features of the software your likly to use, like for example the keylock, if you use the keylock and set a high quility settings it may not work but may work without keylock off.

Try tweaking these things
* On your card, if its possible for it to run at 48,000. try use that its more ideal(i find its a better rate to use). But my card lets me lock the sample rate, my other U46DJ i set it to 48,000 then it gets told by vdj to go bak down to 44,100.
* Also make sure your latency on your card matches the one inside vdj which is in the preformance tab
* Using the slider to slide up and down in the preformance tab.
* turn safe mode on and off
* turn overclocking on and off
* turn scratch optimize quailty / latency

if theres anymore questions you would like to ask, please feel free to reply.

geposted Sun 12 Nov 06 @ 4:14 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)