Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: M Audio Fast Track Pro

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Can someone please tell me why TCV's will NOT work with this sound card, the M-Audio Fast Trac Pro? All the dealers I've talked to in Chicago have recommended this to me. But I have read on here it will not work! Opinions please!!

geposted Thu 16 Nov 06 @ 9:43 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Simple it doesn't have enough inputs for time coded vinyl support.

geposted Thu 16 Nov 06 @ 9:50 pm
Thats what everyone on here keeps saying, not enough inputs...But, if you take a look at this link.....

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/FastTrackPro-main.html

you will see it has got two input/lines on the front. Yes, it is a 1/4 inch plug, not your typical stereo RCA jack inputs, but wouldn't it be possible to use RCA-1/4" plug from the outs of TT's and into the card? Kind of like the RCA to mini jacks we all know? And if you click the picture on the website, you will see it has 4 analog outputs. So essentially it should work, right? And I'd hate to pass up the offer I am getting for this thing...169.99. Most I have talked to says it works for typically any DJ software...PCDJ etc. Thanks

geposted Thu 16 Nov 06 @ 11:14 pm
Just reposting to see if anyone was able to take a peek at the link and tell me why you don't think this sound card would work. Also, tried to verify through my profile to get the TCV icon, but it tells me it can't detect?????

geposted Fri 17 Nov 06 @ 7:54 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
for 169 I would go would something that def. works...but it does say 4x4 so an adapter should do the trick

geposted Fri 17 Nov 06 @ 8:30 pm
Yes you could use it for 1 stereo input. In order to use it for 2TCV or 2 TCCD you would need two sets of stereo inputs. On the front of the Fastrack you only have 1 pair total (two mono inputs not 2 stereo inputs). I hope this clears it up for you

geposted Sat 18 Nov 06 @ 12:56 am
Thanks for the reply. I know I'm probably getting pretty annoying with all this, but suppose I took RCA to 1/4" plug Out of 1 TT and plugged it(1/4" jack) into in 1 of soundcard. Out of second TT, I do same thing, but this time into In 2 of soundcard. I understand I will be inputting only a mono signal into each M-Audio in. But isn't this the same thing as people who go RCA out of TT to minijack through the mic input on there laptop? And I have a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 zs soundcard with only a mini jack in which I have used successfully with TCV's. The on deck AC97 soundcard doesn't work for me, so that is why I am looking at this M-Audio card. In theory, When I go to my soundblaster card, I am not using stereo in, only mini jack, but it works. And this is what I would be doing with the Fast Track, only not a mini, but a 1/4". Hope this makes sense! Thanks

geposted Sat 18 Nov 06 @ 1:35 am
mainedjPRO InfinityMember since 2006
The more times you use different jacks and adapters, the more chance you will either lose quality or gain interference.
Again, I had that same card ordered until I read on various websites that it's not ideal for time code.

geposted Sat 18 Nov 06 @ 5:40 pm
OK, so I settled on the M-Audio Connectiv Interface. Reluctantly, I bought this even though it looked fairly flimsy in pictures. When I shopped it, I took it out of the box and to my surprise, very solid. And I talked the guy down to 269.00. I spent a couple hours trying to configure it last night but I was having no luck with all my other soundcards and configurations to choose from. I believe I was having many conflicts. So I hit the hay, cleared my head, uninstalled it along with ASIO 4 ALL cause I don't need it with this. Cleared my registry of all remaining remnants of ASIO 4 ALL. Reinstalled Connectiv...Did not install Torq with it as it pretty cheesy and VDJ slams. Went to configure in VDJ, tweaked ever so slightly....And my 3 week drama of getting TCV's to work is now over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Time to throw!!!!
Ciao

geposted Sun 19 Nov 06 @ 7:16 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)