Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Virtual dj Vs DjDecks

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

djvonHome userMember since 2006
I know this is the general section so I know I can get away with this question.So can you guys like compare the differences and likes and dislikes between both softwares?

geposted Thu 23 Nov 06 @ 4:45 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

software on a laptop is lighter and more adaptive for your situation

it alows you to buy songs cheaper and carry thousands around with you

but my friend you need not make this choice because virtyual dj pro lets you control your pc via your decks

and mix mp3 with vinyl

http://www.virtualdj.com/products/timecode/

aslo with vdj u can video mix this makes alot of money for djs

aslo you can use a wide range of hardware controlers

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/59875/Hardware_Technical_Support/ultimate_guide_to_controllers.html

so to recap you can use both and make more money ;)

geposted Thu 23 Nov 06 @ 5:59 pm
I don't have any experience with djDecks.
Here's what I think:

If I were you, i would just test both for a full evening djing.
Things you have to look for are:

Primary
- sound quality
(dj's with a bad sound, play the music louder, will make more ppl deaf at the end of the night)

- stability
(just imagine what would happen if your software crashes in the middle of a gig!)

- reactivity
(how fast are buttons reacting on your command and how fast can you load a song)

- how good is pitch control working
(nothing more frustrating than trying to beatmatch with a bad pitch especially as not all songs have correctly calculated BPM)

Secondary:
- navigation (how easily do you find your songs)
- special effects
- bpm calculation
- the looks (skins)

Also: DJdecks is very young as a program. This means it will very likely need a huge ammount of debugging and finetuning to get the same stability and userfriendlyness as virtualdj.

Good luck in your decision.

geposted Thu 23 Nov 06 @ 9:00 pm
oh DOH

i thought u ment real dj decks

Dj decks as a program in my optinon is a bit of a toy program id advoid it

geposted Thu 23 Nov 06 @ 9:13 pm
I just tried DJdecks.
I downloaded and installed it.

I got a 'runtime error' only starting up.

My conclusion:
Don't bother with DJDesk software.
Just stick to virtualdj.

geposted Thu 23 Nov 06 @ 9:15 pm
i concir

geposted Thu 23 Nov 06 @ 9:21 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
It would be nice to see unbiased opinions from real users of both. I havent used djdecks myself... but it seems to offer very similar functionality as vdj.

geposted Thu 23 Nov 06 @ 9:45 pm
it does

but its very very unstable from when i had a play

i wouldnt dare take that out for usage

geposted Thu 23 Nov 06 @ 9:52 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
i tried DJ decks software back when we were all using VDJ 3.x when some people said it sounded so much better and that the timecode sound was much better. they introduced a VDJ timecode plugin so you can use your VDJ timecode on it (like VDJ have done with SSL) so i thought, what have i got to loose.

first off i couldnt get the bpm to work properly so i have up on that and used manual beat matching with short mixes. second of all the timecode sounded properly(couldnt set it up properly, apparently it only works properly if you buy special preamps for it and cant get away without them like VDJ seems to) and third of all i didnt notice a great difference in sound quality. i am an audiophilw with a closet full of clasic amps and speakers to attest to that, i can notice the difference in stylus for different records but for the life of me VDJ and DJ decks sounded equaly good, even with CD/WAV files. winamp is stil the best soudning for me (better than 4.0 even). glad we are where we are now, sound quaity is even better than it was before and with improved timecode it will be even better

geposted Fri 24 Nov 06 @ 1:13 am
Dj Xeo wrote :
i tried DJ decks software back when we were all using VDJ 3.x when some people said it sounded so much better and that the timecode sound was much better. they introduced a VDJ timecode plugin so you can use your VDJ timecode on it (like VDJ have done with SSL) so i thought, what have i got to loose.

first off i couldnt get the bpm to work properly so i have up on that and used manual beat matching with short mixes. second of all the timecode sounded properly(couldnt set it up properly, apparently it only works properly if you buy special preamps for it and cant get away without them like VDJ seems to) and third of all i didnt notice a great difference in sound quality. i am an audiophilw with a closet full of clasic amps and speakers to attest to that, i can notice the difference in stylus for different records but for the life of me VDJ and DJ decks sounded equaly good, even with CD/WAV files. winamp is stil the best soudning for me (better than 4.0 even). glad we are where we are now, sound quaity is even better than it was before and with improved timecode it will be even better

dam good comparason, u are right about the sound and about the TCV setup also I like to set my BPMs in order, with djdecks however it is onthe screen is how it is no customizing

geposted Sat 25 Nov 06 @ 4:56 am
IMO and having used both I find djDecks to be better overall but for video which it does not do.

VST support, TCV/TCCD, skin, sound engine, ASIO support and implementation, MIDI support, database system, waveform display options are some of the important issues djDecks wins, not forgetting extremely good and fast support and a very friendly pricetag.

djDecks read ID3 bpm tags without a problem, it does however have the option to read both playtime and BPM when the recordcase loads first turned off by default because (most) users preferred it that way and it's easy to turn on.

djDecks will also allow you to loop/sample audio from vinyl or (any) incoming audio. You can also apply VST or other effects to external audio (from vinyl or other)

geposted Sun 26 Nov 06 @ 3:07 am

oh brother.... I knew this thread was perfect for Paul ;) hehe

Well, I disagree 100% .... in fact, I'd even suggest everyone to try Dj Decks ;) And welcome back to Virtual DJ after that ;)

No kidding, but Dj Decks is lame... sorry

Mixvibes, SSL and Traktor are all fair competition to VDJ, but B-DJ, Club Dj, DJ Deck and a few others "copycat" software just dont got it... sorry....

But try yourself before you buy... And I'm pretty sure almost all come back to VDJ ;)

geposted Sun 26 Nov 06 @ 4:45 am
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Talk about an unbiased review.

The first thing to remember when comparing the two software’s is that djdecks has only one programmer.

Using the guidelines specified by IronLunatic, here’s my take:

- Sound quality : Winner : djdecks : (On machine, vdj always had pop/crackles – I was told on this forum that it was my laptop settings or my maya card -I tried djdecks and never had the problem of pops/ crackles. The update to 3.4 reduced the issues and it got better with 4.x, but artifacts can still be heard at slow scratches and brake down. )

-Stabilty:Winner : Vdj - (Vdj has a longer track record of being stable from 3.4 upward has been pretty stable & and I only had 2 crashes with 4.x when messing the sound settings. Djdecks lastest version has been stable but it still has to prove itself with upcoming versions)

-reactivity : A tie

- how good is pitch control working : Winner djdecks – (They work almost equally well but djdecks reads/shows my pitch/bpm at any speed while vdj does not(lets see if this ever gets fixed –being mentioning it from since the 3.x series) . )

- navigation (how easily do you find your songs) Winner : Vdj (Vdj uses a faster searching technique -the show results as you type method while djdecks uses the type search then show results afterward method)

- special effects – Winner : Vdj –(has cooler effects)

- bpm calculation – A tie

- the looks (skins) – Winner : Vdj – (A larger community means cooler skins to choose from)

In addition in djdecks, you can sort by bmp by clicking on the bmp tab.

If you already purchased virtual dj there is probably nothing enticing about djdecks since virtual dj has a few more features. However, if you are a new user who does not need to mix video, djdecks works just as well as virtual dj at a fraction of the cost.

Also If you get an error on start up you need Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Files which can be download on the beta page.
Djdecks beta : http://www.djdecks.be/finalscratch/index.php?module=download

geposted Sun 26 Nov 06 @ 8:47 am
xgl_dj wrote :
- navigation (how easily do you find your songs) Winner : Vdj (Vdj uses a faster searching technique -the show results as you type method while djdecks uses the type search then show results afterward method)

Also If you get an error on start up you need Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Files which can be download on the beta page.
Djdecks beta : http://www.djdecks.be/finalscratch/index.php?module=download

On first, VDJ only searches on filename afaik, djDecks searches it's database on all id3 tags (by default). Sure this makes it les fast, but IMO the latter is better.

And the runtime error has been fixed a long time ago.. people should not base their opinion on betas which are months old.

geposted Sun 26 Nov 06 @ 1:03 pm
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You can also sort by BPM's in VDJ

geposted Sun 26 Nov 06 @ 3:16 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Personally I've never tried DJ decks because I've never been less than happy with VDJ.

geposted Sun 26 Nov 06 @ 3:20 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
i tried VDJ, traktor, DJ decks and PCDJ before i bought VDJ. the one DJ software i own is VDJ. think its quite clear what i preffered.

what i think we can all aggree on is that every software we have tried can all learn something from the others.

for certain there are things that DJ decsk does better and, perhapse if i had had the patience to look into why DJ wasnt working well for me i woudl have found out that its a great program etc etc. it didnt work within 2 hours so i gave up and ruled it out. i think one of VDJs main selling points is the simple interface and the logical way that everythig works.

geposted Sun 26 Nov 06 @ 4:38 pm
DJ FORMATPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
I Tried

bought VDJ
bought Ttraktor
bought DJ Decks
bought PCDJ

AND VDJ FOR ME IS THE BEST

DJ FORMAT
PS I love VDJ.........

geposted Sun 26 Nov 06 @ 7:28 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)