Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: anyone know what bad tc signal indicates?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

tried different rca cables...differernt grounding options etc...still rough and gritty wavform, unlike my other deck which is clean as hell.

this is a newerish vestax. Should I trade my table in for another one?

geposted Fri 08 Dec 06 @ 11:13 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
check ur cables and ur needles

geposted Fri 08 Dec 06 @ 11:14 pm
do you even read what the guy just wrote skyfxl? he said that he tried different cables and grounding configs, and you just say - check the cables and your needles. you could explain how is he supposed to check the needles and not just flip him off man, c'mon.

I don't wanna sound like a whining bitch or anything, but after trying out timecoded vinyls (custom pressed) i do have some experience with them and what may or may not help pick the signal up. (ps. i switched to serato, cause I'm a scratch DJ, VDJ is still good, but it's more for club use to me).

Anyway - bad signal - sounds like a grounding problem. You never know when the grounding just hangs loose, but I guess you checked everything you could, so it must be a case of needles or your turntable. Needles have to have to pick up a wide range of frequencies to work with the TCV's correctly. For example -
needles picking up from 20Hz to 17kHz will cause problems when trying to backspin the TCV. That's because when you move the vinyl very fast, the signal is high pitched, and it goes beyond the frequency range of your needle, and then the backspin just won't work, the mp3 is standing still till it slows down, or goes forward, all sorts of weird things happen.
When I was using the demo version of VDJ, i swapped cartriges to see the difference and there was a big difference.
I'm using Stanton 520sk (20Hz - 17kHz) and Numark CC-1 (20Hz - 20kHz i guess). Numark's cartrige picks up almost everything. I'm still getting 0% timecode quality (probably a demo limitation or the fact that my vinyls were custom pressed using the timecode.mp3 file available on this site), but it worked.
So the needles may indeed be the problem, i suggest you check the frequency range they can pick up and also how worn out they are. If that doesn't work it might be a serious grounding problem. Maybe the tuntable grounding is damaged inside of the deck, I'll check that using a regular vinyl record and listen for noises. Cables really don't make much difference really.

geposted Sat 09 Dec 06 @ 12:18 pm
Thanks guys..I just has to reinstall my asio drivers (buggy install due to old gears asio driver still being there)

and turn on the software preamp cause my TT line output seemed a bit cold.

cheers

geposted Sat 09 Dec 06 @ 1:08 pm
there you go!:)

geposted Sat 09 Dec 06 @ 2:50 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)