Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: External controls

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi all

I would like to know what we all think about all of controls that our out? this just may help
someone same some money. I am using 1 out 10 1 is bad 10 good. The controls here I have
and tested with VDJ 3.4 and 4.1

1. DAC 1 = 5 (Its old)
2. DAC-2 = 10
3. DAC-3 = 10
4 BCD2000 = 1 (But if you can get it to work it would be a 10)
5 ICDX = 10
6. Hercules MK2 = 7 (Does not have that pro feel to me)

Out of all the controls I have I most say I like the DAC 2 and 3 the best. ICDX is new and
does not have the test of time on its said. It does work very well with VDJ 4.1. For the money
DAC 2 or 3 is the way to go.

geposted Sat 09 Dec 06 @ 10:56 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
dac 1 = duno

dac 2 = 8

dac 3 9

bcd2000 no fun :(

i like the look of icdx so 10

i like the herc id say 9

geposted Sat 09 Dec 06 @ 10:59 pm
HDC - 8
Dac-2 - 10
Dac-3 -10
Bcd 2000 - 0 (returned it)

Icdx - dunno

XP10 - Dunno - but like the look of it. But seems expensive for a single controller, over $791.00 cdn for two. How do these compare to a tabletop cd player with tccd? seeing how some of the newer cd players have moving platers on them now and cost 1200 or more for one unit... just how good are these little things anyway?

TCV - good idea probably will rock when they work out the bugs

DVinyl - looks like a Dac so probably pretty good. Any owners of this thing wanna put in they're two cents? how's it work? good bad, indifferent?

DJ Marcel
Purple Onion NighClub

geposted Sat 09 Dec 06 @ 11:16 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
how prep school error of me aslo XP 10 - 10 !

geposted Sat 09 Dec 06 @ 11:33 pm
Controllers I have used:

D-Vinyl: 9 (Good solid controller, but no-longer manufactured. DAC-3 has better jogwheels and pitch precision.)
XP10: 8 (Loses points due to stiff plastic buttons that are prone to breaking. Touch-sensitive platter is very good though and built-in sound card is convenient.)
X-Session UC-17: 8 (Good for use as MIDI video crossfader and triggering samples.)
DAC-3: 10 (Very good controller and extremely flexible when used with my mapper :)
TCV: 10 (I don't scratch, so the current TCV 'bugs' don't really affect me that much.)

Controllers I haven't used:

HDJC: 7 (Compact, all-in-one controller, but a bit cramped and less professional looking.)
DAC-2: 8 (Similar to DAC-3 and D-Vinyl, but less buttons for direct control of VDJ functions. Smaller 2u size may be more convenient to some.)
iCDX: 10 (Looks good, has alphanumeric displays and is also able to play CD's. too.)

geposted Mon 11 Dec 06 @ 7:22 pm
D-vinyl controller user and before that a hercules dj console.

D-vinyl looks good and works very fine, buttons are real good! display shows essential info, at least a 9
(btw i dont use the time code).
Hercules console works allright, buttons feel less then the d-vinyl controller and it really looks like a toy. For home use a 8-9 (cause it also has mixer and eq functionality) it's worth its money but for gigs ... not done.

geposted Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 9:14 pm
My take on it.

For Real professional quality use the DAC-3 is the canines gonads. 11 out of 10

A really elegant and usable solution is the NU04 midi mixier. 12 out of 10

Gonna be trying a Feena soon I hope when it arrives. Should be good.

geposted Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 9:45 am
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I havent used alot of external controllers but of the ones I have this is how I rate them:

XP10 - 8. As mentioned it loses points on build quality. Buttons are too plasticky but platter is pretty good.

Nuo4 - 9. Awesome mixer but its a shame the mic input doesnt have its own channel. Would be better with a manual beat tap counter also :)

ICDX - 9. Awesome looking cd/controller but the platter its quite rigid and doesnt seem to have a nice feel to it. Would be a 10 for those who not interested in scratching.

I havent found anything I would rate a 10 yet unfortunately but I guess I'm just picky. Spinning platter for a controller would be perfect. Hopefully the denon 3500 gets an upgrade to midi! Nuo4 is close to perfect as a mixer besides the things I mentioned.

If your considering buying anything I definitely recommend the nuo4 as the best buy. You can operate vdj solely using the nuo4 without any other controllers and then you can just wait till the perfect controller... the big 10 arrives. Timecoded cd/vinyl and nuo4 is the ideal match at the moment IMO.

geposted Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 11:32 pm
The DMC 1 = 6

DAC 2 = 7

DAC 3 = 10 with JB's mapper

Demoed the Hercules and felt it was way too cramped, and was toy like. I demoed the BCD unit also, but did not take it seriously.

geposted Thu 04 Jan 07 @ 9:19 am

Hercules MK1 : 2 (started ok, and lost all quality on buttons with use.. bad quality)
Hercules MK2 : 7 (works great, just a bit small and "plastic")

Timecode CD in Pioneer CDJs (Vdj 4.2) : 10 !

Wishlist for try:
iCDX

And some sort of midi mixer.. Nuo 4 maybe

geposted Thu 04 Jan 07 @ 9:28 am
alx2kPRO InfinityMember since 2004
hercules mk1: 1
hercules mk2: 7 (I considered they did it better in the soundcard section, making it possible to use TCCD/TCV than in the unit itself, looks a little like a toy, but has a lot of possibilities for mobile DJs and starters)

iCDX: ¿can I give it an 11? platter is rigid as I readed in a previous post, but hey, in house/electro you don't usually scratch, ¿right? software integration is.... perfect

Norway.... if you flight to Spain, come by and check my iCDXs :)

geposted Thu 04 Jan 07 @ 9:42 am
I have tried the following:

bcd2000 : 3 - returned it

herc mk2 stand alone : 7 - very convenient for small gigs (stable and lightweight)

herc mk2 w timecode and external mixer : 10 - good stable soundcard and good control surface for mapping other functions in vdj (thanks to djcel). Best $240 spent to date.

geposted Thu 04 Jan 07 @ 6:03 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)