Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DAC3 users - do you need a separate soundcard

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

trez777Home userMember since 2006
to those using DAC3 users, i have a couple of questions:

1) do you use a separate soundcard to get your DAC3 working? i believe this one is only a controller, right?

2) if i need a soundcard to output audio from my computer, can i use an old hercules mk1 controller? (its a 5.1 sound card as well). do u see that the mk1 controller would conflict with the DAC3? i don't wanna spend more for another soundcard when my old mk1 can do the trick. pls advice.

3) can you controll vdj fully without even touching your mouse when accessing tracks?

geposted Sat 20 Jan 07 @ 4:29 am
1) The DAC-3 does not have a soundcard built in. Ideally you will need a soundcard with atleast 2 stereo outputs (One for each deck) so that you can hook it up to an external mixer.

2) Yes, you could use the soundcard in your MK1. It will not conflict with the DAC-3 - In fact, you can use both the MK1 and DAC-3 simultaneously for controlling VDJ if you want.

3) If you use my mapper for the DAC-3, you will be able to control most VDJ functions directly from the DAC-3 without needing to touch the mouse. This includes file browsing, effects, video mixing/effects and samples. You will be able to download my mapper once you have purchased VDJ Professional (Or Numark Cue)

geposted Sat 20 Jan 07 @ 5:57 pm
trez777Home userMember since 2006
thanks for the response!

geposted Sun 21 Jan 07 @ 4:48 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I only touch the laptop during the night to either search by name or sort the track listings... other than that it's all from the DAC-3 with the excellent mapper :)

geposted Sun 21 Jan 07 @ 6:28 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
have u checked out the new numark dmc2?

geposted Sun 21 Jan 07 @ 7:06 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)