Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: What's the verdict on ICDX? - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

StylesQPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hello my fellow dj brothers....

Anyone have the Numark ICDX? Whats the word on these units? I've tried to google "reviews" on these and theres practically nothing worth reading. One review said the platter was all "plastic-ky" and he returned it the same day he received it...and another said it was ok.

I"ve watched the videos on YouTube, and some look ok, and other videos showed really bad latency.

So, i put it out to my fellow virtual dj's to give the heads up on these. Are they "toyish" or do they feel and act solid?

I like the idea that if your system should crash, you can switch a button and play with cd's fairly quickly.

Thanks and lets try and get some good info without straying off subject too much.

geposted Tue 23 Jan 07 @ 5:11 am
I've been wondering too.

There are a number of people on this forum who have them and have given broadly good reviews, but I wonder if the lack of rave reviews in the DJ mags, etc is because it isn't quite as good as people hoped.

There was a review in International DJ a couple of months ago, but I haven't seen it.

Can anybody say more about them?????? Please.

A

geposted Tue 23 Jan 07 @ 2:06 pm
Seems to work great, except the jogwheel, seriously needs a fix / firmware upgrade, but seeing the video Dj Boogie posted from Namm, it seems they might have fixed it

Here is how the old problem where at least:

[JeremK]: Please note this video has been baddly encoded and the sound has 1 second delay to the video. iCDX work flawlessly with NO latency!

geposted Tue 23 Jan 07 @ 6:22 pm
No !!! I have a ICDX !!! No latency exist, just the vidéo not shyncronise to the sound !!!!

Look at the DJ AL vidéo ===> hear

@+
Kév'1
Electroni-K

I'm French, sorry for my english !!!!

geposted Tue 23 Jan 07 @ 9:35 pm
yeah, I've never tried it, but on the NAMM video it looks a lot better, the scratch seems good.

geposted Tue 23 Jan 07 @ 9:47 pm
alx2kPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I think I said it on the post I did when uploading the video. I recorded it with my photo camera, and it's not that good, delay between video and sound is a failure in recording, so is the bright in the picture.

I would say there is no latency issues in my unit.

for me, it's still a 10.

IMO, a VDJ update to correct some minor bugs with the unit is more necesary than an firmware. also since the release, there has been 4 different firmwares, so numark is taking really seriously the update part.

geposted Wed 24 Jan 07 @ 1:46 pm
i used a sony digital camera 5.1mega pixels to make that video and if it was a lag you definately would of heard it.imao

every scratch he did was on point..i got another vid of it but this was the longer one (my camera was acting up)

the guy in the vid mentioned that you have to press kinda hard to get the scratch to work right .
thats the only thing..

geposted Wed 24 Jan 07 @ 4:46 pm
The guy on the video was me :P

I just checked on the camera and uploaded directly from the SD card to youtube, maybe something went wrong.

I used a panasonic DMC-FZ20, first time I used it for video.

and yes, it's not about pressing hard, it's about pressing in the right place, now I got used to it.

geposted Wed 24 Jan 07 @ 7:28 pm
alx2k wrote :
The guy on the video was me :P
and yes, it's not about pressing hard, it's about pressing in the right place, now I got used to it.

???
the guy i'm talking about was sponsered by numark and was demo'ing @ naam this weekend; he mentioned something about pressing hard then i asked him to do a scratch for the guys @ vdj so he did and thats what's on my vid on youtube posted under my old dj name"dj t-rock" :P

Quote :
I just checked on the camera and uploaded directly from the SD card to youtube, maybe something went wrong.
I used a panasonic DMC-FZ20, first time I used it for video.

oohh he must be talking about the other video ;-)

geposted Wed 24 Jan 07 @ 10:49 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Ok, just to put the platter thing to rest -- I just got my pair of iCDXs today and used them at the club and

OMG!!! My DAC2 is in the trash.

and the platter - upgrade to firmware 40 you won't be disappointed. I have to verify mine yet, but I think it has v39 and the platters worked perfect!!!! I am not a scratch DJ so if I can make it work with little or no effort then I think it's pretty good. My touch was no more than I would use on vinyl, maybe just a little more, but the responsiveness was there. Not like in some of those first videos we saw.

Anyhow, since I have the iCDX header for building a mapper - and it is a complete match to the entire controller. I will be putting a mapper together that utilizes all of the buttons. I know some are asking for some things that need to be done to make the interface with VDJ more complete so - I am going to open a thread in the Plugin section for iCDX suggestions.

Link -- http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/64024/Plugins/iCDX_Mapper_Suggestions.html

Did I say OMG!!! Got to go change my shorts.

cstoll

geposted Thu 25 Jan 07 @ 7:48 am
I'm glad you like it. I thought I was running a one against the world battle. :P

probably you are more than right about the platter, when I did that review on the platter, was just when I got my units, and by that time, my iCDXs had v33 inside (even previous than numark "first released version" LOL).

now I'm running v40 and it rocks.

geposted Thu 25 Jan 07 @ 10:09 am
gulkerPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi All,

I have been using my iCDXs since they became first available in US. They are great. I own DAC2 and DAC3s and they are going to be featuring on Ebay. :)

I have a pair of iCDXs and love them.

Thanks for the tip on firmware 40, I did upgrade to 39 short while ago. I will do the same thing for 40.

By the way it was a great idea for the mapper thread for iCDXs.

DJ Palamuth

geposted Thu 25 Jan 07 @ 3:21 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Ok I didnt even know there was a firmware upgrade available lol. I'm gonna go check it out!!!
I'll be back with my comments/feedback :)

geposted Wed 31 Jan 07 @ 11:49 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Ok i just upgraded the firmware to v40 on the icdx. Huge improvement!
Let me lay the whole platter scenario to rest... scratching on the icdx is awesome. I previously wasn't able to scratch at all on v33.

Anyways I'll upload a scratch video for all to see. Note the platter was quite rigid when I first received them but all they needed it seems was just a lil wearing in. Platter spins quite freely now.

The backspin needs to implemented in vdj alot better however... you basically can't do one. Besides that some other bugs that I know of are while playing with the track selection knob it randomly activates video and the parameters knob controls the internal crossfader and the display for time elapsed and time remaining is the wrong way around.

Other than that, I am very pleased with them and can't wait till the custom mapper is available!

geposted Sat 03 Feb 07 @ 5:52 am
what is the average price of the ICDX?

geposted Sat 03 Feb 07 @ 9:06 pm

geposted Sat 03 Feb 07 @ 9:47 pm
socrossPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I tried upgrading the firmware but I kept getting "file error" on the readout. You are supposed to burn the upgrade to a data cd right??

geposted Sun 04 Feb 07 @ 11:09 am
yes, just copy it on a DATA compilation.

try closing the disc, copying at a slow speed, and maybe, before all that, redownload the file, just in case there was an error in the download.

geposted Sun 04 Feb 07 @ 1:48 pm
For all those buying the iCDX - check your Version - do not assume they are using the latest version. I just upgraded mine because they had v.33 and I just got them a 2 weeks ago.

So, follow the steps at Numark web site :
To check the current software version in your iCDX, hold PROG and turn the parameter knob until you see "VERSION NUMBER", the press the parameter knob in like a button. The software version is the number after "iCDX-".

And go here for the updates --
http://www.numark.com/updates/iCDXupdates.html

geposted Sun 04 Feb 07 @ 3:19 pm
the ones I bought also had that version.

it is funny how for numark the first released firmware was v36 and not v33

geposted Sun 04 Feb 07 @ 10:42 pm
91%