Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Older Music

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

MrMikePRO InfinityMember since 2006
I am pretty new in the DJ world and I am just starting to get a full music collection up and running. I've got a few different Promo Onlu subscriptions dating back to 2002 and I am very please with it thus far. Now comes the tough part.....getting my hands on the older music that I am going to need. How has everyone else gone about this? I have heard people saying just going to the stores either in person or online and buying "Best Of" CD's... is this the only way or is there a better way to go about this? Any input is appreciated...

Mike

geposted Thu 25 Jan 07 @ 8:20 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
best of cds are a good bet :)
remeber some of them have a nastly clause that prevents them from being used in public lol
got alot personaly :)

try websites like www.beatport.com

for older tunes aslo :)

geposted Thu 25 Jan 07 @ 8:29 pm
MrMikePRO InfinityMember since 2006
Any suggestions for specific websites where I can purchase the actual CD's? Such as amazon, ect... The amount of older music that I am going to need just seems very overwhelming at the moment. I have been using Yahoo Unlimited up to this point to start my collection however I am finding that a lot of the songs I am going to be needing are not even available...

geposted Tue 30 Jan 07 @ 3:34 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
ebay , amazon

geposted Tue 30 Jan 07 @ 11:41 pm
Time Life collection or any other large collection is good.... you see alot of those types advertised late night TV...

geposted Fri 02 Feb 07 @ 8:01 pm
Check out garage sales and flea markets, you would be surprised at what you come across.

geposted Tue 06 Feb 07 @ 6:08 am
Ebay is number one for this IMHO. Loads of good compilations. Also look out for DJ vinyl collections because they can give you insight into what you will get asked for but might not be familiar with. I bought one off a top guy in the early 90s. Loads of tracks I hadn't heard of, but got asked for over the years. Cheap too.

In the UK the mastermix classic range 1 to 100 are very worth buying for background DJ collection. Many on Ebay will ship these around the world.

hope this helps

A

geposted Thu 08 Feb 07 @ 8:58 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004

geposted Wed 28 Feb 07 @ 4:15 pm
DJ ELPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Definitely ebay. I've been collecting the NOW! series from there. Once you have a list of songs/artists that you want, try walmart.com, since VDJ supports WMA files. I also use iTunes. I then rip those songs to MP3 format.

geposted Tue 13 Mar 07 @ 5:25 am
I don't know all the details of these collections, so I may be a bit off base, but there are 3 definitive collections that you can scrounge for. Naturally they are hard to find:

Mobile Beat - this is a 24 disc set that dates back to the 90s. Its got all the classic party hits compiled, and in the right circumstances you could play a whole wedding with just this set. Not that you should.

DJ Tools - I think this was a 12 or 13 disc set that was also pretty good, though I didn't like as many of the song versions as well as the Mobile Beat collection. It has a lot of megamixes.

The Platinum Series - I have bits and pieces of this. I think its 40 discs or more and quite comprehensive.

To my knowledge, all of these have been discontinued because of licensing issues but there may be some DJs out there that are selling them. Frankly, I think these are far more valuable than the PromoOnly sets because the songs have a much longer shelf life and there's much less "filler".

Good Luck in your search!

geposted Thu 15 Mar 07 @ 8:26 pm
one of the BEST collection of music for older (30s to 90s) music would be to get your hands on the KNOCKOUT HITS COLLECTION CD 1 to 100 or more if you require more.

This is a really sweet collection to get if you want to get into mobile DJing.

geposted Sun 18 Mar 07 @ 4:09 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)