Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Software decided to close itself

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

DJTroyPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Today during playlist maintance, VDJ simply turned itself off. I was working in the dbase and Poof. Gone. PC is not overheated, and VDJ reloadeded fine. No crashguard, no "saving dbase" on exit. Just poof, instant closure. I do not see this as a system "crash", everyting was fine, cpu at 40% and no other noticeable annomililities. I was using the Herc remote.

I have had minor annomolies in the TCV enviroment. Delays in accepting (mouse) commands, and minor "hanging up", but no crashes (knock on wood)...

I will reinstall VDJ before I go out this weekend. VDJ is on a dedicated notebook (Toshiba satellite A-70, 1.5 g RAM, 128 meg radion shared video, 2.93g CPU)

DJTroy

geposted Wed 07 Feb 07 @ 7:15 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
some times a computer will just play up for no reason i woudlnt be concirned if this doesnt happen again

if it does let us know and we chan have a look at what it might be for you :)

geposted Wed 07 Feb 07 @ 10:11 pm
thanx
TP

geposted Thu 08 Feb 07 @ 3:19 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Can you describe what you exactly did when VirtualDJ closed. All the details are very important.

Quote :
I was working in the dbase

which dbase? how many files? Already Scanned? ID3Tags is used? External USB Hard drive?

geposted Thu 08 Feb 07 @ 1:55 pm
I was adding comments to the VDJ dbase. The files are stored on my local (c:) HD. I think that I had just right clicked on a file to add a comment. The Picture rotation plug-in was active in the "Play when there is no video" option. I had just saved the dbase (5 min before). I am using the DAC 3 skin. TCV might have been activated, but I had TCV deactivated using the skin button -no sure if I changed the input option back "no input"...

I cannot think of anything else...
TP

geposted Thu 08 Feb 07 @ 4:29 pm
Yeh, i also had this happen to me the other week.

I was just mixing into another song (from a video into an mp3 with visualisations automatically on) then i used my DAC3 (with boggis mapper) to trigger the beatgrid effect on the song that was coming in and it just vanished as i pressed the effect button.

I pressed the button to put the into effects mode and then the effect trigger button in very fast succession so i guessed that's what was doing it. media on a USB2 external hard drive by the way and using vmix 5 skin.

geposted Thu 08 Feb 07 @ 6:34 pm
The songs were scanned. I am noy sure if I was working with video or mp3.

TP

geposted Thu 08 Feb 07 @ 8:20 pm
2, 191 files in the directory...

geposted Thu 08 Feb 07 @ 11:25 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)