Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: M Audio Xponent and VDJ compatibillity question

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

djlexPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hey Guys
this coming Monday my dealer is getting the Exponent and I want to get it, I wonder if anybody has any opinion about the compatibility of this new midi controller with VDJ 3.4, would I need a mapper?

DjLex

geposted Fri 09 Feb 07 @ 7:47 am
socrossPRO InfinityMember since 2004
According to the website, it's a MIDI controller, so you won't need a special mapper for it. Just enable midi in VDJ, then map the various controls yourself! I have to say, it seems a little overpriced at *cough* $750 *cough* but that's just me...

geposted Fri 09 Feb 07 @ 7:15 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

geposted Fri 09 Feb 07 @ 8:41 pm
Thank you Sky but for now I need to use 3.4 for the stability issues, so will be really nice if will get the same improved midi mapping for 3.4
Here I can get the Xponent for about $650 and the alternative will be 2x XP10s (which in US will be a lot more now that euro is pumped up, about $800 and they are not dedicated to VDJ anymore :( ) or using my two Denons DN-S1000 with HDJC MKII.
Anyway I like the Xponent’s 2 audio outputs and contrary to other people’s opinions I like the position of the jogs which will not restrict the use of the cross fader and btw, you get a mixer too.
I considered the Numark and the Vestax but nobody could say when and for how much they will be available, anyway this looks like the most complete solution, the Numark doesn’t have tactile jogs and the Vestax lacks the audio card.
I shall see if it is any lag between the jog movement and the wave form control.
Even if the Xponent doesn’t have the mic in and control still looks better then HDJC
DjLex

geposted Fri 09 Feb 07 @ 9:05 pm
they wont change old versions sorry all new changes will be in a 4+ revision

geposted Fri 09 Feb 07 @ 9:33 pm
Sky I believe that soon the new VDJ will be bug free, but is not there yet and I don't mind waiting because is still the best soft out, even if I'll be stuck on 3.4 I'll be fine for some time, till than I will wait for the new revisions and before taking it live I will take the time to test it first and if will get as stable as I'm used to I'll be very happy, anyway I will share my thoughts here

geposted Fri 09 Feb 07 @ 9:52 pm
LDSOULHome userMember since 2007
Dj Lex, can u tell me who will have theses in on Monday? I will purchase now. thanks

geposted Fri 09 Feb 07 @ 10:17 pm
Man for now just this one is comming and is mine, sorry!
I'll find out monday when others will be comming and I'll get you the info.

geposted Fri 09 Feb 07 @ 11:56 pm

geposted Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 5:24 pm
a bargin!

il get 2

geposted Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 5:37 pm
Can't see them flying out for that price !!! But may be cheaper at the actual release.

Guess it includes soundcard and software, but as I don't want to buy the software or another soundcard I guess I'll pass on this one.

A

geposted Mon 12 Feb 07 @ 10:53 am

geposted Mon 12 Feb 07 @ 12:54 pm
"The Total Control comes packaged with Numark's Cue LE"

numark cue limited edition?

is that a typo?

geposted Mon 12 Feb 07 @ 2:58 pm
I wondered too. maybe it's like a home edition. But anyway, it's a fantastic buy at that price if you don't have any software. But with an expected date of May I won't hold my breath.

In the meantime I've been messing about with the Faderfox DJ2 I got on Ebay.

geposted Mon 12 Feb 07 @ 4:10 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)