Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: XP10 or Tascam CD-DJ1

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Greetings, I am commencing my research even though the Mac OS X version is not yet released. I am considering two routes either some XP10 controllers, or perhaps using time coded CD\'s with the Tascam CD-DJ

http://www.tascamdj.com/CD-DJ1.html

Supposedly the smallest table top player currently available. And the price is around $295.00 USD\'s. Even though it looks a bit cheap, it is more reasonable than the XP10. I am interested in it\'s portability. Is anyone using this model at the moment? If so, comments/input would be helpful. If it is up to par with Tascams professional studio gear, than it ought to be pretty good. One last question, when using time coded CD\'s is better to leave the master tempo/key lock OFF on the CD player? and ON within Virtual DJ? neither? or both ON? I need conformation please, and thanks as always.

geposted Wed 14 Feb 07 @ 9:28 am
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Personally, I would get the XP10s simply because you can map the buttons, using features that only VDJ itself can offer. The XPs will offer just as many and more functions than the tascam, and they are smaller!

A native controller will always offer more functions than a timecode option (referring to CD players, not TTs). For example, although Pioneer CDJs are rock solid stable and high quality, but when used with VDJ, its functions are limited to play / cue, scratching, pitch, pitch bend, loops ect. Whereas a native controller can do things such as activate sound and video effects, crossfade, adjust volumes and play samples, create dynamic hot cues, cue music from browser (although to some extent with timecode).

Also, always keep master tempo OFF on the CD player otherwise it will stuff out when you adjust the slider. The algorythm uses the different pitches of the timecode for calculations on how fast the MP3 should be playing, i think :D Only use the software MT

geposted Wed 14 Feb 07 @ 2:53 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i agree with the xp10s for the reasons posted.

geposted Wed 14 Feb 07 @ 4:33 pm
Thank you for the input. After reading this I think that the XP10's might be a better choice. The CD player does work; however, with the limited functions it is not as desirable. Lastly, another novice question: with VDJ is it possible to use only one XP10 even though I will be using two or three playback sources simultaneously. Thanks again.

geposted Wed 14 Feb 07 @ 11:42 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
you can select to control A or B

using the selector button on the xp10 so one will suffice if you dont want 2

geposted Thu 15 Feb 07 @ 1:07 am
Wonderful! Thank you.

geposted Fri 16 Feb 07 @ 6:52 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)