Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Frustrated

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I have been DJing for over 10 years in upstate Ny and more and more, here is a lack of interest in house music which happens to be mt personal fave. More and more people want Hip-Hop or whatever else is beeing spoonfed tp the sheep by MTV, which I do cater to... However, I miss House music, and make my own mix CDs that I end up listening to when working out or just driving around. So tell me, is House music dead, or am I just in a crap location??? I just got back from NYC and much of it was Hip-Hop too!!! Any feedback appreciated....eddie

geposted Fri 16 Feb 07 @ 9:00 am
I'm a House Musi Lover too...

Don't know about USA, I'm at Spain...
It's a pitty then, as you say.

Back everything goes and comes again...

geposted Fri 16 Feb 07 @ 5:51 pm
It always depends on location. We in America seem to have a lot of teen influence and most prefer the MTV/mainstream influence. I'd say its an 75% to 25% breakdown in teen preferencing between mainstream hip hop/top40 to house/electro.

However if your to travel over to our european countries they seem to be much more in favor or house/electro sounds. When will this wave change? That's a hard one to answer.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

geposted Sat 17 Feb 07 @ 4:14 am
I always found USA as hip hop had to admit I am glad I dont DJ there for that reason only.

geposted Fri 11 May 07 @ 12:14 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Discoenergy wrote :
I always found USA as hip hop had to admit I am glad I dont DJ there for that reason only.

Word man, me too ;)
House forever :p

geposted Fri 11 May 07 @ 1:22 am
As an european I can assure you, House Music is much more appreciated on this side of the ocean... Of corse there are some hip-hop lovers and if it isn't too much ppl also like to hear 1 or 2 hip-hop music (like on the beggining of the night or so, to "catch" the audience). But what I think it's realy cool are the Hip-Hop remixed into House Music or used in the middle of a House song! I've been finding some artists with those kind of remixes (ex.: Sidney Samson - Candyshop). I mean it's a way of putting hip-hop so that everyone likes it ;) eheh

Cheers, stay cool

Bart

geposted Sat 12 May 07 @ 11:12 pm
grugPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Music is like real estate... location, location, location! You don't go to Jamaica to hear swing music for example :). Most big cities should have some sort of house following though.

I love House music but get alot more RnB, Rock and Country requests.

geposted Thu 17 May 07 @ 7:05 am
Big hello from Belgium,

Oldschool house from the 90s have a great revival here.
There are monthly retro house parties and i can assure young ppl like it.

But yes even over here the crappy, $$$$$produceded for $$$$ hiphopshit is sipping through with things like Chritterina Aguilera, Justin Timberfake, Miss-y Elliot getting through. One good note there's also some good hybrid house-electro-hiphop. Check out http://www.myspace.com/uffie (especially her song hot chick).

Cheers,

geposted Mon 21 May 07 @ 8:45 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)