Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: mp3 gain level

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hey all, been so long since my last post! Obviously because I've had no problems with VDJ 4!!
Anyway, i was wondering what is the best/most appropriate gain level (the mp3 gain level) for best output. In the software "mp3gain" it says 89db is best and sound has no clipping. I noticed this on my ipod too... So what should i do with my mp3s for clear sound? lower it to 89 db?
Thanks!
regards,
Aditya

geposted Sat 17 Feb 07 @ 5:01 pm
Anyone have any ideas? I have a gig in a few hours.. any tips will be really helpful. Also, what levels do i set in the Volume control of my Soundcard? (i.e, the Master Volume and the Wave Volume)
Thanks!

geposted Sun 18 Feb 07 @ 6:41 am
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
This all depends on if you are using an external mixer. If you are, then leave the gain at default, and turn your soundcard master and wave volume to max, and control the gain and levels with the mixer

geposted Sun 18 Feb 07 @ 2:03 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Well do you change the Gain levels of your CDs? probably not, that would be quite a counter-productive process. I take the same approach with files, extract from the CD at "Pure state", and mix it as you would with any other format, adjusting Gain at the mixer where needed. I find most tracks are very simular in volume, not a noticeable difference, then you get the odd few which really need adjusting.

VDJs Auto Gain is pretty good although not perfect, I prefer to use it as this reduces the chances of needing to manually adjust the Gain, but this is a temporay change in volume, I would stay clear of modifying the file/CD its self.

geposted Sun 18 Feb 07 @ 2:20 pm
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Many folks have used mp3gain with incident - I have my files at 90 db – but there are a few threads on the forum which recommend 94 -96 db – make sure you select the “Don’t clip when doing Track Gain” under the Options Menu. I also have my master+wave at 100% - and adjust where necessary from the external mixer.

geposted Sun 18 Feb 07 @ 3:22 pm
Hey DJs, Thanks for the replies..the gig was fun! Yes i have an external mixer. Numark cm200. Not so happy though. I use a DAC3 too... Thanks for the replies all. Will keep these tips in mind!
Regards,
Aditya

geposted Sun 18 Feb 07 @ 5:04 pm
I find the autogain to be problematic with a lot of newer R&B as well as Hip-Hop with lots of sub bass. Because the song overall seems quiet, VDJ will jack up the gain, but as soon as the bass hits. CRUNCH. Be careful with auto-gain when playing R&B and Hip-Hop.

geposted Mon 19 Feb 07 @ 9:31 am
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I keep vdj to force 0db gain, and simply do it by ear. As soon as the song start playing out the speakers, I quickly adjust the volumes on my mixer, and no one notices.

geposted Mon 19 Feb 07 @ 9:46 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)