Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Bypass TCCD

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Have posted this in General and PC forum, but no answer...

How do i bypass my TCCDs and use my cdjs with regular cds without re-wiring my whole setup? Im using VDJ with 2 cdjs, a djm800, and my mk2.

Thanks for any feedback at all!!

geposted Mon 19 Feb 07 @ 9:35 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
with the mk2 dj console you can just play cds if you choose external input mode by pressing the selector buttons

geposted Mon 19 Feb 07 @ 9:53 pm
Thanks for the reply skyxfl, but can u clarify this for me? Does this mean if i am mid-gig, all i have to do is press the selector buttons even if VDJ is configured for timecode inputs?

geposted Tue 20 Feb 07 @ 11:45 pm

geposted Wed 21 Feb 07 @ 12:09 am
works for me when i use real vinyl i will test with cd and get back to you.

geposted Wed 21 Feb 07 @ 10:35 am

if it works for vinyls it will work for cds too ;)

Never tried Herc for bypass, but by what Sky is saying, I guess it does have real bypass

+1 for herc;)

geposted Wed 21 Feb 07 @ 8:40 pm
So I tried pressing the audio source buttons, and while i did achieve what i was trying to do, the sound from regular CD however, suffered quite noticably. It seems as if when passed through the Hercules, the original sound quality gets lost, especially in the low end of the tune where it becomes all distorted. Wondering if anyone else has had this problem with vinyls or if it something unique to TCCDs or just something I have done wrong myself...

geposted Fri 23 Feb 07 @ 3:41 am
what settings do you have on the mk2 console software

geposted Fri 23 Feb 07 @ 1:09 pm
ASIO mode - 44100Hz sample rate, 16 - bit sample size, 1764 buffer size, and using an external mixer. i belive this is the recommended setup for the use of timecodes.

geposted Fri 23 Feb 07 @ 7:41 pm
thats alright , i will test if there is a way to boost quality

geposted Fri 23 Feb 07 @ 8:17 pm

I might be wrong, but I doubt Hercules console will give good bypass sound.

geposted Sat 24 Feb 07 @ 1:44 pm
im still testing havent given up hope yet

but it is important to remember it is a mid end card not state of the art will get back to you when im sure

geposted Sat 24 Feb 07 @ 5:32 pm
I was under the impression that mk2 was a quality soundcard (it sure as hell is a kwerality controller :)) Anyways how do i boost the sound qual. of TCCDs? this would be a clutch feature for me as I am a multi-platform dj. I love this friggin program to death and all i need to be complete is a good bypasss mode to use reg CDs. Help!!!

P.S. - Shot in the dark but if i use the external power source the MK2, would this help with my dilemma?

geposted Sun 25 Feb 07 @ 11:06 am
yes it could help , so could a powered usb hub :)

geposted Sun 25 Feb 07 @ 12:22 pm

Bypass like you have set it up, first goes through the Hercules as real bypass, then through software (VDJ) as software bypass... right?

My feel is that this will loose a lot of dynamics and crisp, making the sound a bit dull ..

Its better to use Y-Splitters, so that the bypass from Hercules goes straight to mixer, and not through your PC /software.

geposted Sun 25 Feb 07 @ 3:14 pm
still testing :)

geposted Sun 25 Feb 07 @ 6:46 pm
Norway is giving a simple cheap effective answer.

Use Y splitters, hook one set to the Hercules for timecode, one set to the mixer (oldschool) way and just hit your line select switch on your mixer.

Simple, cheap, effective.

geposted Mon 26 Feb 07 @ 1:11 am
hmm anyone have a good diagram for the connections with y splitters? meanwhile any luck with the mk2 testing skyfxl?

geposted Tue 27 Feb 07 @ 1:18 am

geposted Tue 27 Feb 07 @ 1:48 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)