Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Video Crossfader

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Guys

Is it possible to make a crossfader for video that doesn't rely on the program? Like the audio one..you split between two channels an on screen the fader just stays in the middle and you control everything from your mixer. Is it possible to have this type of idea for video?

Being new to this VJ'ing lark I keep thinking about things...so i'm sure something like this has been asked before.

If I remember correctly, DJ Cyder has a video crossfader setup using a fader from a Hercules I think. How would one go about doing something like this???

Cheers...and as always...keep spinning...(",)

P

geposted Tue 20 Feb 07 @ 4:54 pm
Untill the Numark total conrtol is released I'm just using pageup/pagedown for video crosfades.

I disable the audio crossfader in "options" and link the crossfaders. This way I controll the video from my keyboard and audio from my mixer.

In practice sessions at home, I'm still kinda sloppy on trantions but it's getting better.

geposted Tue 20 Feb 07 @ 8:37 pm
I know you can do it with the dac 3, but i'm just not 100% sure on how it's done.

Back to the manual for me I guess...:o|

P

geposted Wed 21 Feb 07 @ 12:11 am
djnutzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
on my dac-3 i hold shift and hit play and it auto crossfades the video

geposted Wed 21 Feb 07 @ 12:33 am
Look at the X-Session midi controller, it is cheaply priced and will work perfect for what you want to do. Not the X-Session Pro, but the one by Evolution.

geposted Wed 21 Feb 07 @ 7:07 am
pernPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You can also:

1: Use a Griffin Powermate as a Video X-Fader and my mapper for it. But i would wait until i release next version of the mapper (Next week i hope) that is much better since it use it's own Windows driver and MIDI.

2: Go for the solution i describe in my latest Blog entry, Check my blog for more info...

geposted Wed 21 Feb 07 @ 12:32 pm
djnutz wrote :
on my dac-3 i hold shift and hit play and it auto crossfades the video

That's a nice trick. Is that a default function on Boggis' 1.4 mapper or is that something you've added?

P

geposted Wed 21 Feb 07 @ 1:23 pm
This is a standard feature in my DAC-3 mapper.

geposted Wed 21 Feb 07 @ 7:59 pm
Hehehe...:o)

Gotta love that mapper!!!

(",)

P

geposted Thu 22 Feb 07 @ 12:01 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)