Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Just got the MK2 and Pro

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Well, I love VDJ, but the MK2 I'm not a big fan. I'm going to take it back tomorrow. Any word on when vestax is releasing the VCI-100 or when Numark is releasing Total control? Any other suggested mixers? These toggle wheels are too close to the fader and my fat fingers keep hitting them. Thanks peeps!!

geposted Thu 22 Feb 07 @ 2:38 am
behringer bcd 3000

geposted Thu 22 Feb 07 @ 3:38 am
Is there a US distributor? I was looking online and couldnt find any.....Also I have no turntables just the VDJ.
Also for some reason my effects dont work.. Any idea?

geposted Thu 22 Feb 07 @ 5:03 am
ashlarPRO InfinityMember since 2006
daguirre10 wrote :
Well, I love VDJ, but the MK2 I'm not a big fan. I'm going to take it back tomorrow. Any word on when vestax is releasing the VCI-100 or when Numark is releasing Total control? Any other suggested mixers? These toggle wheels are too close to the fader and my fat fingers keep hitting them. Thanks peeps!!

I have your same set-up and disabled the toggle wheels from scratching in the settings. It took me a few weeks to getting used to not touching them during cross fades but that helped considerably (I guess if you were a scratcher this would be bad turning them off)...

geposted Thu 22 Feb 07 @ 11:35 am

geposted Thu 22 Feb 07 @ 4:14 pm
I wasn't thrilled with the MK2 at first... but I slowly got used to it and its good for what it does. I would look for a different controller... but I need one with a built in sound card since I use a laptop.

geposted Thu 22 Feb 07 @ 4:58 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
daguirre10 wrote :
Also for some reason my effects dont work.. Any idea?

Re-download them in 4.x compatible versions

geposted Thu 22 Feb 07 @ 5:23 pm
Where do you disable the toggle wheels? If thats the case I should be good. Have any of you worked any clubs with the mk2?
I have a laptop, but I have always used VDJ on my desk top, with my keyboard and mouse only, I got real good and let a club owner listen to a cd i made. He liked it, so I 'm going in on Saturday to play. My question, got the MK2 got my laptop, and pro, I'm connecting to there system, anything I should worry about or keep in mind?

geposted Thu 22 Feb 07 @ 7:30 pm
If you are mixing from the DJC directly then the way I used to set it up (DJC v1) before getting my new set-up was....

Main out to any avialable channel
Then in the soundcard setup panel of the I set it DJ mode with the headphones coming out of another of the RCA outs on the back - 3/4 - If I remember correctly.

That went to another channel in the club mixer, then I could pre-listen in the club mixer and the other channel just stayed at the same level as the main output

I set it up to pre-listen in the club mixer because I found the headphone preamp in the DJC to be quite lacking, that and I didn;t like the talkback mic psoitioning on the DJC.

Worked alright for what it is, But IF you're going to turn pro, or try to resident at a club for a long time - lookinto getting a DAC2/3 or wait for Numarks new gear

DJ Marcel
Purple Onion NightClub

geposted Thu 22 Feb 07 @ 7:43 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)