Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: hiphop playlist

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

i am havening a problem finding hip hop songs that mix well together, i directly fade the 2 songs after matching the beat, the big squares and small squares are matched , meaning the beats are matched , i be leave. but when i try switching on the first beat of the out going song it sounds wired. i tried using different techniques like using the volume sliders , the cross fader, looping 4 beats of the incoming song nothing seems perfect. i tried mixing juicy-biggie (outgoing) with candy shop (50 cent). if any one can post a play list of songs that mix well together or have any another suggest, i will greatly appreciate it . thank you

geposted Fri 02 Mar 07 @ 12:39 am
mzackPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I found that beat matching takes practice, practice and more practice. I would not go by the squares matching up, you have to do it by ear. The old school dj's did not have a wave form of a song and match up the little squares, it does take some listening.

Exiting and entering of hip hop songs are tricky, try using different effects to fade in and out 2 tracks, like a scratch for example. Try not to mix vocals together that will be a train wreck. What I like to do is loop the incomin song (instrumental part) then harmonically match that to the exiting song.

Example: First, match the candy shop song PBM with that of the biggie song, Next Loop the candy shop beat over and over, play the begining (the first beat). While Biggie is playing try and match the 2 songs (WITH YOUR EAR) not with the little squares. You will know when it sounds right, then fade in the candy shop, release the loop and return song (candy shop) to original BPM.

Im trying it now and it sounds pretty good.....practice, its helps a lot....GOOD LUCK! :)

geposted Wed 07 Mar 07 @ 1:27 pm
DJ ELPRO InfinityMember since 2005
If you can't beatmatch two songs, definitely try an effect, like backspin or flange echo out, on the outgoing song, then bring in the new song.

geposted Tue 13 Mar 07 @ 6:47 am
Or, um, learn to beatmatch without the use of a BPM counter/little squares. Those squares aren't always right, and if you'd like to actually be a DJ, learn to count beats and match them that way.

geposted Sun 25 Mar 07 @ 12:20 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)