Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Keylock bug - leftover sound snippet at start

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Gang -

I have installed 4.3 update. Not sure what it fixes, but the keylock bug is not.

Play a file (MP3/FLAC/Etc) and if keylock is on, and recue file back to beginning, you will hear a tiny snippet of sound. A freshly loaded file will not exhibit this.

With keylock off, this anomaly will not occur.

I have tried myrid of sound and program settings. Happens both on internal crap sound ESI cards.

Any help gang?

geposted Thu 29 Mar 07 @ 4:12 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
ewitles wrote :
Gang -

I have installed 4.3 update. Not sure what it fixes, but the keylock bug is not.

Play a file (MP3/FLAC/Etc) and if keylock is on, and recue file back to beginning, you will hear a tiny snippet of sound. A freshly loaded file will not exhibit this.

With keylock off, this anomaly will not occur.

I have tried myrid of sound and program settings. Happens both on internal crap sound ESI cards.

Any help gang?

Verify the latency and otherwise use the master tempo "fast" instead of "advanced"

geposted Thu 29 Mar 07 @ 4:25 pm
Thanks - that seems to have cured it. Will I lose anything by changing that?

I have a ESI 44 MYA and to keep PCDJ happy, i have the card latency to 256. Are there better settings? Or just trial and error?

Thanks!

geposted Fri 30 Mar 07 @ 7:30 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
With ESI 44 MYA , set the latency to "auto"

geposted Fri 30 Mar 07 @ 7:38 pm
pcl73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
djcel wrote :
With ESI 44 MYA , set the latency to "auto"

I have a P4 3g, 1,5mb RAM, 2 sata drive (1 for OS and 1 for music/video), Maya44 as soundcard. Can I think having a good sound quality with Keylock "ON" or do you suggest to me to have Keylock "OFF".

Until now, when I turn on Keylock, it gave me a lot of problem (crackle sound, music run slower, slow load with video files ...) When I turn off Keylock : No problem.

But I want to use Keylock !!

Pascal

geposted Mon 25 Jun 07 @ 3:30 pm
you should be able to use keylock with those specs.

The best thing to do would be to note down your performance settings that work well at the moment (so you can always change it back!).

Then put the performace slider in VDJ config all the way to the left, but change latency to "auto".

Then go to the sound card setup page, click on "asio config". That will bring up maya control box, go to the asio tab, and set latency to "normal" (other options are "fast", "rapid", etc. but start with normal).

You've now just put vdj in the lowest performance setting. You shouldn't get any pops or crackles, etc with keylock on like this. (If you do, then maybe you've need to stop some windows services, change to "windows classic" theme or do some other tweaks to get better performance from windows)

Hopefully that should be fine, if it is then you can start to bring up the performance a bit.

(You could start by changing master tempo from "fast" to advanced with a complexity of "1". Then see if it still works well- it should! Then you could change "48<=>44" from "basic interpolation" to "lowpass filter", try it again. If it's still fine, then try something else, you get the idea I'm sure! As soon as you get pops, etc you know you've raised performance too far!)

Hope that helps.

geposted Tue 26 Jun 07 @ 3:14 pm
pcl73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
andytaylor125 wrote :
you should be able to use keylock with those specs.

The best thing to do would be to note down your performance settings that work well at the moment (so you can always change it back!).

Then put the performace slider in VDJ config all the way to the left, but change latency to "auto".

Then go to the sound card setup page, click on "asio config". That will bring up maya control box, go to the asio tab, and set latency to "normal" (other options are "fast", "rapid", etc. but start with normal).

You've now just put vdj in the lowest performance setting. You shouldn't get any pops or crackles, etc with keylock on like this. (If you do, then maybe you've need to stop some windows services, change to "windows classic" theme or do some other tweaks to get better performance from windows)

Hopefully that should be fine, if it is then you can start to bring up the performance a bit.

(You could start by changing master tempo from "fast" to advanced with a complexity of "1". Then see if it still works well- it should! Then you could change "48<=>44" from "basic interpolation" to "lowpass filter", try it again. If it's still fine, then try something else, you get the idea I'm sure! As soon as you get pops, etc you know you've raised performance too far!)

Hope that helps.

Thanks a lot for your help !!! I miss only one thing. In ASIO config, I cannot change few settings, and It's always came back to default after restarting my computer.

Pascal

geposted Tue 26 Jun 07 @ 6:26 pm
Problem still around even on VDJ6 and Windows 7.

This is what I have found... if you change the scratch settings, it will change how keylock sounds. You want great keylock? Deal w/ the leftover sound snippet.

ASIO or WDM - makes no difference.

geposted Mon 27 Jul 09 @ 8:59 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)