Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Adding Music to VDJ

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I just purchased VDJ. How do you add your itunes music library to virtual dj? Sorry for the stupid question, Ive been using megaseg for a few years now and you merely scan the library

geposted Sat 09 Feb 08 @ 5:48 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
In V5.07 you can just browse your itunes database direct in the browser

all of your music and playlists will be listed and updated in as you edit them in Itunes.

geposted Sat 09 Feb 08 @ 6:06 pm
So you cant actually do a search of the itunes library, you have to know the artist? I'm comparing this to megaseg forgive me but you merely type in an artists name or title of the song and it comes up within seconds. Please tell me I can do this, easily. I like what i see so far, it has alot of advantages but I need the ability to find a song quickly.

geposted Sun 10 Feb 08 @ 4:52 am
Yes just click the itunes icon then use the search bar you can search by title or by name or use a wild-card for a partial match ie DJ* to show all itunes songs search just *

or with Virtual Dj you can go one step further than megaseg you can browse the itunes database and playlists like folders and you can use a playlist you may have created in itunes already for the event.

geposted Sun 10 Feb 08 @ 5:19 am
thats just it, I'm clicking on the itunes folder, then I go to the search bar and try a search. Absolutely nothing comes up unless I have already played it.

Perhaps I have a wrong preference choice disabled. Next to the search I have title and artist already selected.

geposted Sun 10 Feb 08 @ 8:14 am
Go to config > browser and enable all of the info gathering options in particular "add to search database - Add Automatically ", then click on the Music playlist of itunes this will add all of that music to the search database automatically once then you can just use search normaly

geposted Sun 10 Feb 08 @ 8:26 am
All of those settings were already enabled. I go into itunes and all I can select is the itunes music folder, the artwork folder and Previous itunes folder. When I select the itunes music folder all the artists folders pop up. I then attempt a search and only the songs that have been played before will appear. So it sounds like something is definitely wrong here.

geposted Sun 10 Feb 08 @ 11:44 am
Okay I also found the itunes area where the playlists are stored. I click on that and the playlists appear. I have to click on all the individual play lists for the songs to added. Does that sound right?

geposted Sun 10 Feb 08 @ 11:52 am

You should not see artworks , are you using the itunes menu on the left of the browser (like in the above screenshot) or browsing to the itunes folder on your disk ?

You need to use the itunes menu and choose the "music" playlist , this contains all the tracks.

Do you have ichat and 10.5 osx if so pm (click the envelope icon next to my name ) me your ichat id and can check it out directly for you.

geposted Sun 10 Feb 08 @ 11:56 am
I've got it working now, this program super slick. I love some of the effects. One more question, is there an automatic transition where you click the button and it automatically goes into the next song through a crossfade

geposted Sun 10 Feb 08 @ 3:36 pm
You have two options go to Config > keyboard shortcuts

Choose , ADD

Go to all functions :

mix_now - this will match the pitch and gain and mix automatically between decks

or Auto_Crossfade this will simply move the crossfader from one deck to the other

Chose one of these then set your shortcut by pressing your chosen keys and then press ok.

You can also auto-mix a playlist of tracks by pressing the + symbol on the playlist area

You can also choose from a set of mix styles.

geposted Sun 10 Feb 08 @ 3:51 pm
how does I mute backgroung music.

Please Reply

geposted Tue 15 Dec 09 @ 1:33 am
With a previous version of vdj I would add music to my hard drive and then put the cursor on the drive in vdj and right click recurse. This would make the new music available for vdj to find thru it's browser. I recently purchased VDJ PRO 7 and when i recurse my hard drive i get an error which says i do not have permission?

Please explain the process for adding music or let me know where in the manual I will find the step by step process.

Please explain when I need to recurse.

I use a PC>

Thank You

geposted Wed 20 Oct 10 @ 6:02 am
I need to add the songs manually, how can I do it?

geposted Tue 15 Nov 11 @ 6:47 pm

geposted Wed 16 Nov 11 @ 6:41 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)