Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: yahoo protected music

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi, I'm hoping someone could help me out. I was wondering if protected WMA music from Yahoo and Yahoo Music Unlimited are compatible with VDJ? Thanks alot!
P.S. they work in PCDJ, so I was wondering if they work in VDJ.

geposted Sat 23 Feb 08 @ 1:17 pm
gmediaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
They are definitely compatible. The only issue is that they don't read the tags very well. Actually, horribly well. They will give the song title at best. I am waiting and praying for MUCH better WMA support from VDJ. I have't checked out the latest update though. I have VDJ 5.2.

DJ Chris Kelley

geposted Thu 06 Nov 08 @ 12:48 pm
You can save WMA files as "artist-title" in Windows Media Player and it will display them in the relevant fields in Virtual DJ - the only way it might work for full tagging is to put each element within the filename - but that could take some workiing out - you'd end up with a file path that reads something like "C:/Album Name/Artist/Title/Genre/Year ..." - do it in the wrong order and you could find 1977 under Genre and Pop under Year - insert relevant details where necessary.

geposted Fri 07 Nov 08 @ 5:55 am
Quite difficult to do properly!

geposted Fri 07 Nov 08 @ 5:55 am
Come to find out i was busting my head against the wall wondering why my tags where not read right and all i want is album info as so i can search in that mannar, thought it was my tagging but found this post and find its VDJ WOW ! that sucks a fat one :-(

geposted Tue 11 Nov 08 @ 11:48 am
gmediaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I have found that you can rename the WMA files for Rhapsody. You have to rename them in "Artist - Track" format with the hyphen and the spaces for VDJ to read it properly by name. I use a program called TagandRename. You can select a whole truckload of files and it will read the WMA tags and rename all of the selected files in the way you want.

The renaming doesn't affect the DRM tag on the file (or the file tag at all for that matter). I don't know that this would work for any other service, but Rhapsody's DRM works this way so far. As a matter of fact, you can download the same song several times and it will create a different name every time. It will add a 1, 2, 3, etc. to the file name.

Napster is integrated into VDJ, so it doesn't seems to be an issue.

I hope this helps many of us other WMA DJ's.

Chris Kelley

geposted Tue 30 Dec 08 @ 5:23 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)