Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Having Problems With New Setup - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

DJKHOPHome userMember since 2007
Hey whats up people?

i am having problems with my setup, i have

New VJD Demo (20 days left)
2 Stanton T.90's
2 VJD Timecoded vinyls
Stanton SMX 2.01 Mixer
Maya 44 USB Soundcard
Soundblaster X-Fi xtreme music
Logitech Z-5500 THX cert.

---

The problem is i am having a hard time, to get the music to play out of my
Logitech Z-500 5.1 speakers... i don't know whats going on
i plug my headphones into my mixer i hear music and it is very loud.

Any help is grealy needed and also i have 2 time coded vinyls where do i look
for the serial to register it ? is it on the record(s) ?

geposted Sun 09 Mar 08 @ 8:51 pm
I searched all the forums and i still can't get my problem fixed, even google
couldn't help me... :(

19 more days until my VDJ trial runs out.

still haven't figured everything i need a little help
with my 201 SMX mixer.. can someone please take
a screenshot if it is possible and i can learn from a picture
guide on how to hook everything up to maya 44 usb
this is so confusing its making me have back pains from
switching back and forth trying to figure everything out.

geposted Mon 10 Mar 08 @ 10:15 pm
how bout you take a screen shot of your setup to see what you have wrong

our setup maybe vastly different than what you wanna see - i have virtual vinyl which made it all simple

with the very loud thing, make sure on virtual dj you have it under phono instead of vdj cd under timecode options

geposted Mon 10 Mar 08 @ 10:37 pm
Your speakers should be plugged into the master output of your mixer.

geposted Tue 11 Mar 08 @ 6:54 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
DJKHOP wrote :

i plug my headphones into my mixer i hear music and it is very loud.

If you are getting a signal to your mixer, then you are nearly there.

Your master output should go to the amp or your speakers as descride by groovindj depanding on your set up.

Jimmy b

geposted Tue 11 Mar 08 @ 8:22 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi DjKhop

Hope u sorted already but if not, it best u read this on the set up. As the topic is on Mk2, but the procedure is abt the same to use with maya.. Someone with the soundcard will explain to u more.

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/58120/Hardware_Technical_Support/Guide_To_set_up_tcv_with_mk2_console__).html?highlight=Set%20up%20tcv%20with%20mk2

For ur TCV icon to appeared, go to modify ur profile n click timecoded vinyl detection at hardware registration. If u have purchased the VDJ vinyl from this site, it will automatic register it;)

Hope to see u as a pro user soon.

geposted Tue 11 Mar 08 @ 1:14 pm
lamont76 wrote :
how bout you take a screen shot of your setup to see what you have wrong

our setup maybe vastly different than what you wanna see - i have virtual vinyl which made it all simple

with the very loud thing, make sure on virtual dj you have it under phono instead of vdj cd under timecode options

Okay this is back of the stanton smx 201 mixer

top of it

===

geposted Tue 11 Mar 08 @ 2:11 pm
groovindj wrote :
Your speakers should be plugged into the master output of your mixer.

So the sound doesn't come out of my soundblaster x-fi ?

oh, i thought you could let the sound pass out of there some kind of way

I got a coax cable though.. with my Logitech Z5500 so i plug it in master ???

geposted Tue 11 Mar 08 @ 2:13 pm
Make sure, one rca lead from your maya goes to phono1 (channel 1) at the back of the mixer and the other goes to phono2 (channel 2).

DJKHOP wrote :

Yeah why not, I would try it. If both of your inputs go into your mixer (channel1 and 2), and you get sound of your headphone channel, from channel 1and 2, then you should get sound out of your master. The sound should come out of the mixer, not the soundcard.

Then again you might have to go though a amp, then speakers.

Jimmy b

geposted Tue 11 Mar 08 @ 2:49 pm
jimmy b wrote :
Make sure, one rca lead from your maya goes to phono1 (channel 1) at the back of the mixer and the other goes to phono2 (channel 2).

DJKHOP wrote :

Yeah why not, I would try it. If both of your inputs go into your mixer (channel1 and 2), and you get sound of your headphone channel, from channel 1and 2, then you should get sound out of your master. The sound should come out of the mixer, not the soundcard.

Then again you might have to go though a amp, then speakers.

Jimmy b

I am trying the coax cable going thru the master mixer i still hear no sound and i have my speakers up to the max does it matter that these are computer 6.1 speakers?

geposted Tue 11 Mar 08 @ 3:03 pm
OK then, have you got a home stereo System?

If so run a rca cable from the master out of your mixer to a Aux channel of the amp of the system, the choose that channel on your amp, this is how I do it when I use my TCV and mixer.

Jimmy b

geposted Tue 11 Mar 08 @ 3:16 pm
No home stereo system :(

i remember my friend told me that, there is a way to have music playing out of your labtop speakers/computer speakers.
while running VDJ. and he has the same maya 44 usb setup... i have no idea how he has to get it playing like that.

geposted Tue 11 Mar 08 @ 6:18 pm
ok im going to try to understand whats going on, because it sounds like you have the same setup i'm running with the x-ception of the creative soundcard.

First, i will explain my setup and then DJKHOP i want you to read and tell me if this sounds like what your doing.

Two Pioneer CDJ-1000mk3's
Hercmk2 soundcard
numark dxm06 mixer
1 terabyte harddrive
two logitech speaker systems. the 5.1 and the 2.1

ok so on your first turntable which is your left turntable that will be going into your input a of the soundcard, in this case since your using vinyl decks, you want to plug in the phono 1 jack of the maya 44.
then you want to plug the 2nd turntable into deck b or input b of the soundcard which in this case will be phono b of the maya 44 soundcard. then the outputs of the soundcard which are line a or line b of the maya 44 your going to run your rca from both output a and output b into line in on your external stanton mixer on channels 1 and 2. Which from the picture looks like you have it setup right. Now to run through your computer speakers, you will try two things. one is, your computer should have an internal soundcard besides the creative sound blaster x-fidelity sound card. So if its a desktop you should run a 3.5'mm jack which is like a ipod headphones or mp3 headphone jack into the line-in of your desktop which is usually marked in blue. not the pink one or green since the green one is being used by your speakers as is. Finally, from that 3.5mm the other end will be RCA which will run into your master input which in this case you have, or if you have auxillary i would say try the auxillary first since thats rca and if there is a aux out or aux in, i would try the aux in, first.
Now from what I read, I haven't seen anyone tell you to go buy a Y-jack, so I would go and do so from your neighborhood electronics store, best buy, radioshack, circuit city, office depot, which ever. It's called a Y-JACK, if i'm right, and if i'm wrong, then feel free to correct me on the proper name of that jack guys. But DJKHOP you need to get that jack, which if i had a picture I would post up for you, but its basically on one end a 3.5mm' mp3 ipod headphone jack, and the other end will run rca (red and white) (blue and red) whichever, into your mixer. Then once you get that, if your going to record your mixes have your gains set at +1 so if your gain is at 0, then slightly move it to the left about half an inch or a lil less then half the inch, so that way there is no garble for your listeners. Now if your going to run as is, then you can adjust it the best way you think sounds great! I'm no pro, but I have alot of experience in fixing my own problems, so hope this helps. Like I said I would draw up a picture for you, but i dont know how to on here.
Finally, before I leave the post I realized that you also have the creative soundblaster soundcard, so i'm assumng you have like 5 or 6 holes into the soundcard, I would recommend hooking up that 3.5mm into the line-in jack. and leave the rca connected to your master, aux in, or aux out, of the external mixer. It's all trial and error so try every hole until you think you got it right, in this case, lol, excuse the metaphor, but when you get sound thats how you know which one to connect into.

Hope this helps,

JC

geposted Wed 12 Mar 08 @ 10:49 am
oh by the way, if you need additional help, just PM me, and we can go from there, but it sounds like you got everything right.

geposted Wed 12 Mar 08 @ 10:50 am

geposted Wed 12 Mar 08 @ 11:02 am
I think i got everything hooked up. I am having a serious annoying problem with my mixer i may need to take it back ?
cause i hear a loud wwaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh noise and alot of hissing beeping also, i read a few reviews about this mixer Source Amazon.com

I might have to take it back, i mean i hear music loud of of the mixer when i plug monitoring headphones in...
Its super loud also the load beeping and i mean i have left deck Phono 1 and right deck phono 2 so every
thing looks like its setup properly and my crossfader won't even fade its like its not even there...

Also my time coded vinyl settings won't work i read something about adding something to the registry
in the ASIO 4 ALL manual..

Sorry if i am asking too many questions...

geposted Wed 12 Mar 08 @ 7:43 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
How have you grounded your setup?

geposted Thu 13 Mar 08 @ 4:49 am
Ground ? No i haven't ? Where do i buy that/ and where do i connect that too ?

geposted Thu 13 Mar 08 @ 5:32 am
On your turntables you should be a wire with a metal small clip or folk on it. there is on my 1210's,

anyway on the back of your mixer there should be a little metal rod with a screw on it. The clips or folks goes on that, then the screw gets clamp down on it.

A copy of your earlier photo off the back of your mixer, that's the grounding post with the red circle around it.

Jimmy b

geposted Thu 13 Mar 08 @ 6:02 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Jimmy i don't think his have one. Cos his is t90 stanton USB direct digital turntable. I got one of my turntables t80 n it is direct digital turntable too n would not need grounding.

geposted Thu 13 Mar 08 @ 7:07 am
71%