Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Info Required

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Ex-28Home userMember since 2008
Hi all , i am at a total loss here as of how to correct this prblem i am having

i resized the original \"internal mixer skin\" to 1280x960

with skin resizer , no errors at all all went ok , except i have a few graphial errors in it ,

i took a screen shot and noted where these flaws are , i have read through the skin tutorials as well as this here
http://www.virtualdj.com/support/developers/skin.html

in the xml file i have changed every number under browser heading , and nothing i do seems to work, also opened up phototshop and noted the mouse position and tried to match up the numbers in the xml file , but i cant for the life of me get it to work correctlly ,

screen shot of the flaws is located here http://members.shaw.ca/Uniden/temp/Graphical%20Flaws.JPG

any help would be greatlly appreciated,

geposted Tue 29 Apr 08 @ 11:14 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
There u go ex-28 ur image;)

geposted Tue 29 Apr 08 @ 1:14 pm
appreciate it , i was looking for thread tools ,to add the image:)

i know all items in the bitmap link to the xml file and on the webpage here , it says what each button is for , but for each area i have an arrow on in the xml file i am unable to locate the line in the xml file so i can correct it. :(

geposted Tue 29 Apr 08 @ 1:49 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
If you check the knobs on your pic, you'll see that there are a lot more 'graphical problems'.
Sadly the resizer tool doesn't work flawlessly, and you'll have to repair that xml manually.

The code is there in the xml, you'll have to learn the xml more to find it and correct it.

(or find someone who will do it for you)

Quote :
i was looking for thread tools ,to add the image

Available only for licenced users.

geposted Tue 29 Apr 08 @ 1:58 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
the knobs do not convert well in the resizer, because it resizes the knob image as well and creates the problem you see. An easy(or not) fix is to go back to the original skin and copy/paste knob image and adjust the commands for them in the XML.

BAsically you have rewrite the knobs as they were before the resize.

geposted Tue 29 Apr 08 @ 3:50 pm
ok thank you still fighting a bit with trying to find exactllywhat lines chane what in here is all , going to be a long take for me but gonna be trial and error , appreciate the hints , thank you so much

geposted Tue 29 Apr 08 @ 5:44 pm
DJ FORMATPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
NEW In VDJ V5.0
point to your custom buttons (image 1)
<customicons x="2" y="1451"/>

point to your custom buttons (image 2)
<custombuttons x="132" y="1451"/>

geposted Tue 29 Apr 08 @ 8:05 pm
Hi all, I realize that i am not a liscened user yet as i would like to get this program up and runing to my expectations before i commit to being a liscened user. I am still having troubles with fixing all the graphical errors on my skin. I have read the posts and even though they are helpful, i am still unable to fix the problems. I am able to find in the xml where i need to change the values to point to the appropriate area of the bmp, however the resulting image is still not proper. The images still do not line up as they should and no matter what values are inputed, it still results in graphical errors. Most of the areas that require fiixing are buttons that have various images "attached" to it, meaning that the action taken by the button results in there being atleast 10 different images (i.e the bass/treble buttons) I have been fighting with this every day to no avail and am getting frustrated. It would be of great help if there was any way that someone could help with this. The image that i am trying to resize is the Internal Mixer. I am wishing to get it to the dimension of 1280x960. If there is any user out tehre that would be able to help or that has the original image resized to this size that would be more then greatly appreciated.

geposted Wed 30 Apr 08 @ 8:33 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Ex-28 wrote :
Hi all, I realize that i am not a liscened user yet as i would like to get this program up and runing to my expectations before i commit to being a liscened user.

Hello Ex-28, here is the odd part about what you are saying. If you were too purchase a licensed version of VDJ you would have access to dozens of skins in all sizes (including one that is a CUE variant in 1280x800, which is virtually the same skin as the one you are attempting to resize). The program would be up and running to full expectations. Please support the software buy purchasing it. Thank you......

geposted Wed 30 Apr 08 @ 8:49 pm
i ahve no problems with the purchas of this program , it is fully worth it , i just need to make sure verything is going to work out for me , i have looked through all the skins and addons , yes verry tempting , however i am not looking to purchas until my cousin gets back from flordia next month,

geposted Wed 30 Apr 08 @ 8:56 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
make sure if you re-assign X/Y #'s that you remove any (+) if you see them

geposted Thu 01 May 08 @ 9:35 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Ex-28 wrote :
i ahve no problems with the purchas of this program , it is fully worth it , i just need to make sure verything is going to work out for me , i have looked through all the skins and addons , yes verry tempting , however i am not looking to purchas until my cousin gets back from flordia next month,

The skin has nothing to do with the capabilities of the program.... it is only a way for accessing the application's capabilities

geposted Thu 01 May 08 @ 9:46 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)