Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: MP3 fixes and cover art

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

XepherPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Can anyone tell me what you are using or what you see out there to organize and "TAG" you MP3's I would like to be able to match volumes and get cover art for all the MP3's I have.

Now with over 70K MP3's I know this is going to take sometime. But there has to be some reliable program out there to have the ability to tag and retrieve cover art and set the volume level equal on all MP3's

You help, comments or input on this is greatly appreciated. I am loving VDJ so far just the basic colored album covers and having to monitor volume for every MP3 is driving me crazy.

DJ Tech

geposted Fri 09 May 08 @ 4:19 pm
XepherPRO InfinityMember since 2007
bump

geposted Mon 12 May 08 @ 5:34 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
xepher

you could try tag & rename in conjunction with mixmeister, first use tag & rename to load up your files with whatever fields you want to fill in i leave genre out and put my own choice in there as everyone has there own idea what a particular style may come under or may come in a combination of a couple of styles, now load mixmeister into the the lappy/pc you will be gigging with, this is important, as you will see later.

after opening mixmeister choose the fields that you want to show on your browser window (it's called catalogue window in mixmeister) ie, artist, title, genre, year, album, bpm, key, time and any other field you may want, now all you got to do is let mixmeister scan your files its a lot quicker then VDJ and is also slightly better in calculating your bpm's and shouldn't take that long with the size of your database, but let it completely scan and plot your files before going on to the next move.

now thats done open vdj and scan/analyse your files once again this will take much longer this time around, with that complete here's the magic bit, with your browser window open select the fields you want to show in vdj with those selected you will probably only see artist, title, bpm and time fields with information in them, now go to the top of your browser and highlight the first track holding down your shift button scroll down to your last track and highlight that one you should now have all the tracks between top and bottom highlighted, right click on the browser window select file infos > reload tags selecting this will transfer all information you have selected in mixmeister into VDJ.

thats just about it mate except please read this http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/89729/PC_Version_Technical_Support/External_Hard_Drive__Total_Melt_Down__All_Files_Lost.html?page=1 before you decide in the future to load information directly into VDJ browser window, read the post completely to have a better understanding of why i'm asking you to do this, VDJ will have the same functions as mixmeister in the future but as yet we will just have to wait until this is implemented... hope it helps

Tayla

geposted Tue 13 May 08 @ 5:28 am
xepher

I apprecite this is quite an old post but incase you or anyone else reading this needs to find a way to set all your mp3s to the same volume I can suggets Sony's Soundforge as the pro version has a batch processing operation. You need to set it to go through all tracks - apply a 'normalise' funtion to it and then it will save a new version of each mp3. This will take a longtime to do each track so it may be an overnight job or even several days but it will work.

There are still 2 little problems, the files then need to be replaced into your original database and the biggest one - the price of Soundforge pro, but as you only need it once you could find a friend to do it buy moving your files to a portable hard drive and getting it done.

geposted Sat 13 Nov 10 @ 1:17 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)